Sign in to follow this  
fabrega

reel2010

Music choice is generally pretty subjective, but I have to say that this just isn't working. It's highly repetitive with no mood shifts or arc, it doesn't have any connection to your work, and you're not really cutting to it in any way that takes advantage of its qualities. The result is that I end up feeling like the whole montage is monotonous and slapped together, whereas what I think you want to generally do with a montage is take the viewer on a journey through your work. You want it to be a storytelling experience or something that leaves the viewer with a feeling or something. And that's clearly not happening here.

I think if you chose a track that were more involved or inspired, you might be more involved and inspired in your editing, and that would come across to your audience as excitement and interest.

Music choice is generally pretty subjective, but I have to say that this just isn't working. It's highly repetitive with no mood shifts or arc, it doesn't have any connection to your work, and you're not really cutting to it in any way that takes advantage of its qualities. The result is that I end up feeling like the whole montage is monotonous and slapped together, whereas what I think you want to generally do with a montage is take the viewer on a journey through your work. You want it to be a storytelling experience or something that leaves the viewer with a feeling or something. And that's clearly not happening here.

I think if you chose a track that were more involved or inspired, you might be more involved and inspired in your editing, and that would come across to your audience as excitement and interest.

I don't know, to say that this feels "monotonous and slapped together" just because of the music track is a little harsh in my opinion. Yeah, so the music track and the cut to it aren't so great. No biggie, just change it.

The work itself is actually pretty good in my opinion.

Hey, thanks...

appreciate your comments...i´ll take notes on what you said...

maybe there´s definitely something going on with the soundtrack, that i didn´t notice...or i´m not considering...

hmmm...

thanks again..

f.

The first time I watched the reel was with the sound off. I got a similar feeling of monotony. The work itself is not bad but there seems to be little variety in the editing. Many clips stay up for about the same amount of time and the choices of when to cut a piece don't seem to be motivated by much, like a camera move, a beat, a transition. Clips, even without the music, seemed to linger a couple beats longer than they needed to, which gave the feeling of "here's some things I've done, watch them in a row" rather than "here's the embodiment of my work, watch it as a whole."

The first time I watched the reel was with the sound off. I got a similar feeling of monotony. The work itself is not bad but there seems to be little variety in the editing. Many clips stay up for about the same amount of time and the choices of when to cut a piece don't seem to be motivated by much, like a camera move, a beat, a transition. Clips, even without the music, seemed to linger a couple beats longer than they needed to, which gave the feeling of "here's some things I've done, watch them in a row" rather than "here's the embodiment of my work, watch it as a whole."

Thanks, Saint...

taking notes...always good to read anything that may improve my work...

thanks for your time