Sign in to follow this  
froj

The Monkey's NAB presentation

I just stumbled onto this amazing info! Thanks to everyone for this, especially Monkey, amazing stuff!

EDIT: I called Maxon, and the scripts have now been updated for R12.

I can't get the script working in r12, how you do it?

I probably need to do a tutorial on that but was lazy and just attached the script to Mike's presentation. You need to load the CSC file into the Script Editor using the Import command. Then select the OBJECT containing the baked tracks in the OBJECT MANAGER, and run the script using the Script Manager Execute button or the User Scripts submenu of the Plugins menu. It works on all tracks of the selected object at once. Unfortunately due to SDK limitations I can't make it work on specific selected tracks.

Hope that helps.

Hi Rick.

Does the scripts work in R12?

Thanks

I'm not simply pulling the weight slider down... I'm sampling the reduced weight of the sound effector and sending the result to a float slider UserData Field. You cannot access Time Tracks through Xpresso, so the workaround is to:

1) Sample the Sound Effector

2) Reroute the Weight to a UserData Field via Xpresso

3) Bake the UserData Field

4) Copy/Paste the result into a Time Track.

Copy/Pasting between different track types will only work when they're the same data type... which is the other reason I use float sliders (besides the fast visual feedback).

There are 2 scripts up at Cineversity attached to the presentation... Progressive Keys and Simplify Keys. The first automatically creates Progressive Track out of your baked Peak Tracks. The second script optimizes the waveform by removing all of the keys of the same sequential value.

-m

just getting back into this - i'm still fuzzy as to how this is rigged with the weight - the baking and pasting seems easy enough

but how the sample effector is setup with the weight control (on sound effector or a different mograph object) to soften the keys

sorry for being thick with this - just not seeing it yet (is it just pulling the weight down on the sound effector?)

thx

so your Xpresso is : Sound Effector (object) ----> Sample Effector (weight) ----> User Data (weight track)

1. on the User Data weight track parameter set a keyframe on frame 0.

2. select the object that contains the User Data fields in the Object Manager

and click Functions / Bake Object / choose parameter

4. that should do it.

you should think of the weight more like "influence", not "strength".

I can probably post something when I get back home if nobody beats me to it.

Are you looking to do sound effector work? Or are you interested in using Time Tracks?

Keep in mind I mostly showed that Sound Effector technique as a means of getting mediocre results instead of horrible ones in C4D. If you want the best data use SoundKeys in AE and then pull it into C4D. I still do. I guess it's probably about time to ask Rick again where that AE->C4D script is. :)

-m

hey mintyfresh,

not sure if what you're really asking for is more insight on what effector weight transform actually is and does,

or if you're just not sure what buttons to press to make it work so you can see how it works, lol.

i recorded a quick walkthrough for you that does the latter.

- linking Mograph Sound Effector Weight Data to a User Data track with a Sample Effector Xpresso Node

- baking the Data and pasting it into a Time Track

- executing the Progressive Keys COFFEE Script by Rick Barrett on the Time Track's keyframes.

hope this helps you set this up, so you can do some experiments of your own.

cheers,

douwe

EDIT : embedded the video

Edited by douwe

That was one crazy presentation ... So much concepts and workflows many of which I don't think I will every get into but I think I will try rearranging the polygons .. It looks like something I might need

Sorry to bring this topic back to life but I have a question based on something I've seen in the presentation .. Mike visualizes the audio data on screen , there was a lot of info in that presentation so maybe some of the stuff flew right by me but it seemed he did that using Xpresso .. My question is how can I visualize audio data on the screen ? How can I visualize the waves as numbers on the screen ? Do I need a plugin or is it doable in Xpresson using sound effector ?

Sorry to bring this topic back to life but I have a question based on something I've seen in the presentation .. Mike visualizes the audio data on screen , there was a lot of info in that presentation so maybe some of the stuff flew right by me but it seemed he did that using Xpresso .. My question is how can I visualize audio data on the screen ? How can I visualize the waves as numbers on the screen ? Do I need a plugin or is it doable in Xpresson using sound effector ?

You can view the waveform of any sound in C4D natively in the timeline.

If you want to convert that main waveform into more focused waveforms you can do that as well... but that's what took the length of the presentation to describe.

-m

You can view the waveform of any sound in C4D natively in the timeline.

If you want to convert that main waveform into more focused waveforms you can do that as well... but that's what took the length of the presentation to describe.

-m

Thanks for the reply

Basically I'm just interested in trying the last part where you turn the audio into sliders . I want to have the waveform as numbers ! is it doable ?

Thanks for the reply

Basically I'm just interested in trying the last part where you turn the audio into sliders . I want to have the waveform as numbers ! is it doable ?

this was covered earlier in the thread.

pipe the weight from the sound effector into a slider via Xpresso. Bake the animation on the slider.

this was covered earlier in the thread.

pipe the weight from the sound effector into a slider via Xpresso. Bake the animation on the slider.

Thanks , I didn't know what to look for , I didn't know I had to use the weight , Watched the video and Understood it , Thanks