Sign in to follow this  
verydiscreet

How was this done?

Please have a look for an all in Cinema way.

Using selections of the cloned cube. Animating the PlainEffectors

(as a group) and switching material in the textag for mat A -> C.

Cheers

Lennart

QT Lookie

Scenefile

Ref doesn't have the textures 'stuck' to the cubes as in your solution. This one might could be modified to use a projected texture?

Ref doesn't have the textures 'stuck' to the cubes as in your solution. This one might could be modified to use a projected texture?

They are not stuck if you look closer :)

Cheers

Lennart

Edited by tcastudios

They are not stuck if you look closer :)

Cheers

Lennart

Weird, re-frame-by-framed the bullseye texture, still seeing some perspective skewing from frame to frame.

(edit this was how close I originally looked, by the way ;) )

Edited by planetfour

I finally posted the tutorial up on my site.

http://greyscalegori...with-cinema-4d/

Thanks again Mograph for getting my mind grapes workin' again!

Nick

Don't have time to watch the whole thing now, but I skimmed through it and looks very good. I will definitely be watching the whole thing this evening.

Going back to something that was brought up in the beginning of the thread though, I think that some of the movements in the discovery piece were textures sliding across single faces of the cubes - not all of them, which I can only imagine was done by rendering out video with a pre-mapped grid, and unmasking elements there - then using that video as the texture.. Just a guess...

I also want to note that this branding package is ingenious from a business perspective as well. If Nick's tutorial is on the same path that was taken for the production version - that means that the network needs to go back to them for every variation, rather than follow the usual process of delivering the project files with swappable assets that the internal art department can modify as needed. Cash money.

Now that Nick brought the spotlight to the dark caves of mograph.net, students are gonna come pouring in :o . I propose entry fee :lol:

on a second thought...not a bad idea to have a regular post to break and make current s**t, like the one from Charles Schwab(maybe this one is old)

The Charles Schwab rotoscoped commercials (if its the same one I am thinking of) were done in Rotoshop.

I have seen a few attempts to achieve the same effect in AE, but generally look pretty nasty.