Sign in to follow this  
deceasar

NET Render

So today I worked on setting up C4D's Net Render on another one of our 8 Cores machines and got

it working actually. I'm pretty stoked and just thought I'd share my excitement here.

Now two questions. Am i correct in saying that you can't use the Net Render for doing a render

preview to see your scene?

Also, Can you check the progress of your render off site? That would be awesome if you could.

thanks

You can check progress off-site. Just use any web browser. The tricky part is setting your router to allow the NET SERVER to talk over the net. And by tricky I mean I don't know how to do it, but it can def be done.

Another great trick I've been using is if you're using Drop Box, render your sequence to that folder. Then you can check your renders as they populate wherever you are (as long as that machine also has dropbox and you've set it up to share). You can even check the renders with your iPhone if you have the Drop Box app. It's pretty handy.

So today I worked on setting up C4D's Net Render on another one of our 8 Cores machines and got

it working actually. I'm pretty stoked and just thought I'd share my excitement here.

cookie2.jpg