Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gravina

Easy way to stop all time on all layers?

Hey everyone,

Im looking for an easy way to stop the time on ALL of my layers, without having to go through and freeze frame or time remap every single layer. My layers are regular video as well as animated position and scale properties. The idea is my animations are going then the screech to a halt for a second or two...then continue animating. I know i could make a new comp out of the damn thing but im trying to do it withing the comp itself.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jim

I'm not aware of a way to do this unless you already have rigged all properties with an expression. Any plug-in like CC Wide Time would also only work on a pre-composed comp, as they operate on buffers, not property stream data. This rules out their use on an adjustment layer. I'm wondering, though, why pre-composing would be undesirable here. Anything specific going on?

Mylenium

I'm not aware of a way to do this unless you already have rigged all properties with an expression. Any plug-in like CC Wide Time would also only work on a pre-composed comp, as they operate on buffers, not property stream data. This rules out their use on an adjustment layer. I'm wondering, though, why pre-composing would be undesirable here. Anything specific going on?

Mylenium

No, pre-comping isn't really a problem, it was more just curiosity i guess. I was just curious if it was theoretically possible.

Thanks for the input!

Jim