Sign in to follow this  
spennyhatch

Smoothing Corner/Edges On Boole???

Hello, did another search but didnt see specifically what I needed, so thought id ask real quick. I have an object (actually a mograph Text object) and Im cutting out some pieces of that text object. All is going relatively well, but when I cut out a piece, then the Inner edges of my Text object are very sharp. I Tried to use the edge (loop) selection to select the edge of what I had booled out and then try to bevel it, but to no avail. I remember seeing a tutorial where you could "add Weighting" to the edges to smooth them out? Im not sure if I need to make my object editable or what, but if anyone could get me some info on how to bevel/smooth/cap the inner edges of what I have cut out of my object that would be fantabulous!

Edited this to clarify that im using Cinema 4D. In fact.. im not sure is this site JUST a C4D board, or all motion graphics/3d packages???

Edited by spennyhatch

Quick answer: Yes, you need to make it editable.

Advice: Go to software specific boards to ask beginner-level questions like these (C4D Cafe, Cineversity). This is a mograph board, and while technical questions are fine, they should be loosely related to motion graphics work (not modeling) and of sufficient complexity as to not be easily found somewhere else or in an existing post.