Sign in to follow this  
Jacques // An1ken

Calling on Motion Reels

(Let's try this again)

Sup Everyone,

I am looking to do a Reel Roundup on Creativeoverflow and wanted to know if any of you guys are willing to participate in the roundup?

If you are just drop a link here to direct me to your reel and I'll post it in the roundup on Creativeoverflow.

See ya,

Jacques

Edited by Jacques // An1ken

Between The Motion Exchange, Reel Post, Reel Roulette, The Motion List, and one other that I forgot.... what's the point of another one of these sites?

Those and the tutorial aggregator sites. Those are really driving me nuts.

PS. Mine's there \/

Between The Motion Exchange, Reel Post, Reel Roulette, The Motion List, and one other that I forgot.... what's the point of another one of these sites?

What do you mean what's the point mate? Creativeoverflow is a Design Blog which has been running for quite a while already, we have never actually posted about 3D and I thought it would be good to hear if you guys wanted a bit more traffic to your portfolios. I guess none of you do, seeing that you guys think its a joke.

Anyway, I have received some PM's from guys that are interested in bumping their traffic on their portfolios and I'll work with them.

Cheers.

What do you mean what's the point mate? Creativeoverflow is a Design Blog which has been running for quite a while already, we have never actually posted about 3D and I thought it would be good to hear if you guys wanted a bit more traffic to your portfolios. I guess none of you do, seeing that you guys think its a joke.

Anyway, I have received some PM's from guys that are interested in bumping their traffic on their portfolios and I'll work with them.

Cheers.

Basically, we don't know that site, nor you really... If we haven't heard of that site, it means that even IF the site is popular, its in circles that don't matter to us.

If and when your site gets good circulation within our particular industry, then the exposure will matter and people will just naturally post their stuff their without you needing to ask.

Basically, we don't know that site, nor you really... If we haven't heard of that site, it means that even IF the site is popular, its in circles that don't matter to us.

If and when your site gets good circulation within our particular industry, then the exposure will matter and people will just naturally post their stuff their without you needing to ask.

No offense, but that's ridiculous. essentially what your saying is the same as "come back in 5 years when you have more experience" The guy wants to expand his blog to include motion graphics. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. So there are maybe six similar sites that do this currently. I'm sure...well pretty sure that the world wont end if there is one more. Yeah he could have searched through reels on here or over at mographwiki, but he took the initiative and asked people to submit on an open forum. I'm sure there was a time when nobody knew what motionographer / tween was, or praystation, even mograph- you gotta start somewhere.

Yeah, he sounded like he stopped by the mograph window, and asked , "Hey, top ten biatches in da house, show up your tities so I can put them on me blog, quick while I`m in a good mood" :lol:

Edited by stoiqa

Guest Sao_Bento

Yeah, he sounded like he stopped by the mograph window, and asked , "Hey, top ten biatches in da house, show up your tities so I can put them on me blog, quick while I`m in a good mood" :lol:

agreed.

Yea, maybe you guys don't really run in the design circle? Just the motion graphics?

Sites that are running in the design circles that are pretty popular are sites like Smashing Magazine, Abduzeedo, Spoongraphics, Colorburned, webdesignerdepot etc.

Creativeoverflow is a blog about anything creative. Thus far we have only been writing Freelance Design related topics and doing illustrative, digital design roundups. The point I wanted to make over here is that I think it would be good for the community of readers to get some fresh and inspiring motion graphics related articles once in a while. Incorporate something new into the current blog, thus being motion graphic related articles.

I think the readers would really enjoy the new field. This is why I asked you guys to drop your reels here, but it doesn't seem that the increased traffic really matter.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions :)

Well...I might be less cynical about this if the guy didn't

a) Have lots of empty boxes on the blog saying 'Advertise Here'

B) Mention his 'agency' all the time, which turns out to have very few real projects, and even puts up a supposedly final logo design with 'industry' spelled 'industtry' (scroll to the right, if you can be bothered)

I smell a rat, or maybe just a naive recent grad.

Edited by kitkats

There are so many sites like this, which is fine and all, but is the underlying problem.. Exactly what type of exposure will this site bring, anyway? Who has heard of this site before? I am just saying, theres a new one of these sites being posted up every day. If you start attracting a motion graphics community (job postings, discussions, etc) then people will start naturally posting their content up there. The better your original content, the better quality of visitors / people posting their reels.

If you actually dig, find, and post people's reels on your site yourself to get started - I am sure nobody will complain unless its within a slanderous context.

This is why I asked you guys to drop your reels here, but it doesn't seem that the increased traffic really matter.

I analyze my traffic constantly, to see what marketing efforts are working best, what recent activities of mine gained popularity, etc. It may cause an increase in traffic, but "dead" traffic with high bounce rates, which throws off data from real marketing effort. I understand most people don't care about this stuff, but thats where I am coming from.

Edited by AromaKat

The guy clearly used the wrong wording for this forum...

But i like both his website and his designs.

maybe something like:

"hey guys, i got a blog and want to do a roundup of some mograph reels, anyone want to participate?"

would've gone over better, but then again look at all the publicity he's getting now =P :lol:

I'm totally neutral here and don't really care much either way :) but I thought this attention-grabbing title for the latest blog post was funny: "Decent Illustration Type Experiments". They're just okay.. nothing to look at here folks...keep it moving.

edit: which is a shame because some of the work featured is great.

Edited by monstro

The point I wanted to make over here is that I think it would be good for the community of readers to get some fresh and inspiring motion graphics related articles once in a while.

That's me out then.

I know mograph has a Reel Specific section, but I'm not really in the mood to go through every topic in the Reels section.

this set things off wrong.

when I meet new people, I don't say "I don't have time to listen to all of your conversation, so tell me what you're most knowledgeable about and I'll let you know if I want to talk."

It's just a matter of appearances.

Also, you mentioned 3D earlier. This site is not 3D specific, so you know.

Fucking hilarious...

(especially because it's true)

-m

intentions may be good, but the OP's tone is so offputting.

it reminds me of living in LA and talking with some dude who is putting together a feature and he's got hot talent interested in the script and the studios are ringing him off the hook demanding rights but no way he's going to get his own funding and direct it himself. all that may be true but we all feel like we've met this guy in real life and we don't like him.

The guy clearly used the wrong wording for this forum...

But i like both his website and his designs.

maybe something like:

"hey guys, i got a blog and want to do a roundup of some mograph reels, anyone want to participate?"

would've gone over better, but then again look at all the publicity he's getting now =P :lol:

I have to agree here.

I approached you guys from the wrong angle and it wasn't my intention at all.

I basically just wanted to feature some reels on the blog and thought I should perhaps make a topic and ask if you guys would like to participate.

BUT, like all of you stated I totally put it into the wrong context.

My apologies for that. :)

Edited by Jacques // An1ken

(Let's try this again)

Sup Everyone,

I am looking to do a Reel Roundup ....

See ya,

Jacques

hmmmm, sounds like a mix between a Reel Roulette sans exposure, a Showcase Thread you cherry pick, and a Reels & Portfolio thread without Reels & Portfolios. these cats have given you excellent feedback on how to conduct your business and you should start with fixing the aforementioned typo.