Sign in to follow this  
Axicraw

AMD X6 (OR) INTEL i7

Hey guys

I'm about to buy a new pc. I'm working on max and after effects. I'm worried which processor to choose. AMD has launced there 6 core on AM3 socket which will support the forth coming bulldozer(hexacore). Or shall i opt for i7 930. on price-wise amd mobo is cheaper than intel. I also use my sys for redering. I'm really confused. also recommend me a best value gpu(professional). Thanks a lot...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3674/amds-sixcore-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-1055t-reviewed/7

The II X6 1090T beats the 920 by a small margin in some 3d tests but loses in some photoshop and other tests.

The 930 is faster than the 920, and you can easily...easily bump it up to 3.2ghz with the stock cooler. Which would hands down beat the x6 1090t.

930's are about $20 cheaper to buy online than the phenom. You would probably pay a little less for the AMD build...but not much that it would matter.

You could also upgrade to the 6 core i7 when it gets lower in price.

Personally...Im about to buy a new rig, and im getting a 930 with 12gb of ram. But if you want to upgrade easier go with the AMD.

Edited by supaidaaman