Sign in to follow this  
joedonaldson

Portable Hard Drive Solution

Hello everyone,

In the fall I will be starting school and I am looking to upgrade my current hard drive and back up system. I will be using a Mac Book Pro and plan on having a larger storage system like a Gtech RAID to back up all of my files. I am also looking to have a more portable solution for while I am out and about or in class. I figure while I am at school or out I can save all my files to my portable drive and then later back everything up on the larger drive I keep at my place.

Gtech has a few options but I was wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations for a reliable and easily portable external hard drive.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Hello everyone,

In the fall I will be starting school and I am looking to upgrade my current hard drive and back up system. I will be using a Mac Book Pro and plan on having a larger storage system like a Gtech RAID to back up all of my files. I am also looking to have a more portable solution for while I am out and about or in class. I figure while I am at school or out I can save all my files to my portable drive and then later back everything up on the larger drive I keep at my place.

Gtech has a few options but I was wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations for a reliable and easily portable external hard drive.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

This might be a good option.

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Mini

I bought one but haven't put it through the paces yet, so I can't recommend it based on experience. But it's bus powered, available in 7200 RPM and has USB/FW400 & 800. It's well-built but still pretty light. Hope that helps!

This might be a good option.

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Mini

I bought one but haven't put it through the paces yet, so I can't recommend it based on experience. But it's bus powered, available in 7200 RPM and has USB/FW400 & 800. It's well-built but still pretty light. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check this out.