Sign in to follow this  
mintyfresh

contacting studios for first time

when it comes time for a man, to contact some of the better shops in town with a reel etc, how does one do this without coming off a spammer etc.

do i call and ask the receptionist who producers are... do i just keep waiting till i randomly have a beer with someone in a position to give me the inside track, or just submit confidently. I have journeyman skills and a journeyman reel, but havent worked at that high end on national spots or anything.

i dunno, any advice would be golden

thx

Call and ask! If you have a reel and are legitimately looking for a job, you will not seem like a spammer at all. They will be happy to point you in the right direction, and you will seem much more like a real person if you personalize your correspondence. It's pretty obvious when someone just shoots a link to like 20 studios at once, but if you show that you have a genuine interest in a particular studio, they will reward you with a lot more attention.