Sign in to follow this  
Beaver

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer

this should be sweet, i didnt read the last books but i believe that this book was super long, and i dont tinhk the story would make since if it wasnt in 2 parts...

but damn those vfx look f'n sweet

but damn those vfx look f'n sweet

THIS.

The last two HP movies totally blew me away in terms of their vfx work. The inky effects in the most recent one were gorgeous, and the massive duel in the one before that had absolutely breathtaking water and fire.

THIS.

The last two HP movies totally blew me away in terms of their vfx work. The inky effects in the most recent one were gorgeous, and the massive duel in the one before that had absolutely breathtaking water and fire.

Too bad the movie failed on so many other levels. At least in my opinion. I hate how the current director has sucked the life out of these stories. They are faithful to the books' plots, but lack their spirit, or any spirit. I can't believe how bored I was when the Really Bad Thing happened in the last movie. And the trailer for these last two bored me just as much. Not looking forward to the finales. If you want a good HP movie, check out Prisoner of Azkaban.

that trailer is ridiculously over the top, so much for the whimsical nature of the series. now it's out and out transformers meets lord of the rings. oh well, should make for some good mindless vfx enjoyment.

that trailer is ridiculously over the top, so much for the whimsical nature of the series. now it's out and out transformers meets lord of the rings. oh well, should make for some good mindless vfx enjoyment.

We'll see, I get pumped when I see trailers like this, then often times (like in the case of transformers) they end up with a rotten tomatoes score of like 5% and at that point I refuse to see it, because I know I'm just going to be cringing at bad acting and cheeseball screen writing... Judging by all the past harry potters I am going to guess that they just ramped up the VFX a little but they will still have other solid elements (characters, screenwriting, acting, etc).

Anyone know if this was shot/produced in 3D or if it's a fake 3D conversion?