Sign in to follow this  
anthonyc

Inception

saw it last night.

it was a pretty fun movie, with moments of interesting ideas brought forth, but i wouldn't say it was perfect, or mind-blowing.

Some of the rules they establish for the dream world, and how people act in dreams, were easier to swallow than others.

Overall a cool concept, but kind of reminded me of Nolan's "Memento", in that in concept it sounded more interesting than in execution.

Definitely not exactly like Memento- and i thought Inception was a lot better, but definitely not like Nolan's version of Batman.

Some of those shots took a team of underpaid and under-appreciated people months to do.

Too bad a lot of the best material they already milked in the trailers.

I absolutely loved this movie, easily one of the best I've seen in years.

I had to pee way bad about half way through but could not find a moment to tear myself away. Highly recommend this to everyone.

Great fun! Saw it twice and it was just as much fun and as interesting the second time.

i was thinking of seeing it again, did you catch anything you missed the first time?

I absolutely loved this movie, easily one of the best I've seen in years.

I had to pee way bad about half way through but could not find a moment to tear myself away. Highly recommend this to everyone.

So you're the reason the theatre smelled like piss!

i was thinking of seeing it again, did you catch anything you missed the first time?

The second viewing let me focus more on the details and cinematography, though there were some subtleties of plot that I think I get more of the second time around. You definitely won't be disappointed watching it again on the big screen.

inception was well done on a number of levels

other than dicaprio at this current age and it being 2D (lets not get into that) not much to really to date it. no too trendy CC or music choices or flavors of the month. cg was seamless

my only complaint is ken watanabe is getting overused a little, but seems like nolan likes working with the same people he trusts

interesting that its at 86% on rotten tomatoes...

well thanks to this thread I saw it and I was entertained on every level. what a great movie! I was hanging on for dear life in a few spots, but Nolan knew when not to overdo the complexity and I feel like he brought it all home nicely.

really enjoyed it.. though its hard not to be swayed by ny times and other not so hot reviews. i cant help but wonder, if this was a non-hollywood flick.. would the ending have been the same?

really enjoyed it.. though its hard not to be swayed by ny times and other not so hot reviews. i cant help but wonder, if this was a non-hollywood flick.. would the ending have been the same?

What I like about Chris Nolan is that he is able to do mainstream movies and still keep the more intelligent viewer glued to his/her seat.

And I think that the ending was perfect.

I thought this film was better than Memento and that's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I give it a 7.

(-2) I hated Juno... horribly cast. Every time she came on screen I got "kick" that took me right of of the story.

(-1) For being a movie about dreams I found the amount of standard hollywood gunplay/car-chasing to be rather unimaginative.

Still... probably the best thing out in the theaters right now.

-m

I thought it was great, the last part was really gripping and the way it worked up to it was pretty clever. I don't know how a lot of critics got 'confused' by anything in the story though, probably just says a lot about critics (in the UK atleast).

Weirdly we watched Shutter Island with Leonardo Dicaprio on DVD last night after seeing Inception last week and there's a lot of similarities in a way. Shutter Island is more messed up, less action more psychological & the ending I think was very clever aswell - I'd recommend checking that out if you haven't already if you liked inception.

Edited by froj

I went to the theater and watched the midnight screening... Fell asleep in my chair about halfway in.

I hate having oldmanitis

Edited by AromaKat

Watched this yesterday, kind of stunned at people having to watch this two times to be able to follow the plot...it's not rocket science.

Exactly, it storyline and concepts are laid out in front of you pretty much 20 mins in