Sign in to follow this  
Basty

BUNZEL's summer- motion reel

For the MTV Bloom, looks good though some of your 3d geometry seems to be"shaking" around on the corners (around 00:03).

Show Reel, looks good but I would lose the red arrow clips. It isn't the strongest piece in your reel. I do like the buildings folding out shots at the end, maybe push those to the front?

I like your reels id's (The words "motion reel" might be a little too small, though.), but the work doesn't really match up to the quality of it. There is some good stuff in there, though.

The ending suddenly stops and it feels a bit awkward (audio wise).

I agree you definitely need to do something with the audio at the end. As it is...it seems like an accident. I would go a little further and add some more sound effects to make it seem like the audio is being interrupted intentionally. A lot of times, good audio and sound design is the difference between a good reel and a great reel. I also agree that you need to loose some of the footage of the red arrows. I believe you show that footage three times. It's not good enough to show that many times. I would also suggest tightening up your edits. It seems like you linger on some of the footage a little too long. When you are editing think about what you are trying to present (why is this footage badass?) and then just show enough to get that across. Try to leave people wanting more. You don't have to show the full transition or mover. I also agree that you should change the clip after your id. It's not strong enough to lead off. Maybe you could also try to play around with a more exciting transition into your reel. The music is pretty high energy starting up and I think it requires something other than a hard cut.

Keep up the good work!:)

Thanks guys for the great critique. I always like 'em cuz that is what makes ur reel look better (after u build it out).

I totally agree with all of you. Way to far back in my head I always knew whats wrong with it but I couldnt see it clearly enough (YES im stupid). So thanks for the advice. I ll re cut it asap. cheers