Sign in to follow this  
verydiscreet

How to render?

Hi,

I made a composition for a client and have now been asked to make a print of the same. The final output size will be 18x6 feet front-lit translite.

I will add more elements to this in Photoshop later. Has to be at least 300 DPI.

1) How do I render from C4D this size?

2) PSD or TIF render from C4D?

3) What tweaks do I need to make to C4D to render?

4) If I pan across the screen and render in pieces, I lose the perspectives originally made and the composition looks weird.

I was once a 3dsMax user, but switched to C4D about 2 years back. For Max there was a utility called SuperBigRender, or BigRender, which allowed huge print renderings in pieces which could be put together in Photoshop. Is there something similar for C4D?

Really need help on this or I lose a very important client.

Hi,

I made a composition for a client and have now been asked to make a print of the same. The final output size will be 18x6 feet front-lit translite.

I will add more elements to this in Photoshop later. Has to be at least 300 DPI.

1) How do I render from C4D this size?

2) PSD or TIF render from C4D?

3) What tweaks do I need to make to C4D to render?

4) If I pan across the screen and render in pieces, I lose the perspectives originally made and the composition looks weird.

I was once a 3dsMax user, but switched to C4D about 2 years back. For Max there was a utility called SuperBigRender, or BigRender, which allowed huge print renderings in pieces which could be put together in Photoshop. Is there something similar for C4D?

Really need help on this or I lose a very important client.

Does C4d have a vector renderer? That would be one way. If not and your super huge resolution render crashes, you can try rendering several small sections of the object, and then piece it together similar to a panorama. However, this would have to be done from an orthographic camera and not a perspective. The perspective camera would have wrong angles.

Had to render something for a banner a while ago. Friend of mine who does a lot of print told me usually for really large format work you actually reduce the resolution to 150dpi. I think it's because banners and billboards aren't usually viewed that close up. Not sure how your print will be displayed but if you can work at 150 dpi that will make things a bit more manageable at least.

Thanks for the comments :)

150 dpi is a good workflow suggestion.

I'm thinking of making the composition to fit me in 6'x6' and three tiles which I then join in PS.

Let's what I manage in this.

Maybe will post a small comp of the result.

Thanks guys :)