Sign in to follow this  
_maxxy

Cloth Init state reset

well,

you relax,

set the init state.

then you play with the forces etc.

Maybe adjust something else.

Then you realise you need to change the colider...

and NOW, you need to reset the init state of the cloth again...or somewhat "reset" dynamics or what...how, I'm not sure.

Undo, is no use.

You have set the initial state to get it back. You can do that in the dresser tab. When you have set the state, just move the time back to 0 to go back to that state.

...and what happens if I collapse (relax) the material at 0? ..because that's what I did...

I guess there is no turning back then...

Thanks anyway.

Its a good idea to duplicate & hide things that you're deforming in this way, or atleast save incremental versions of your project then if it gets to a point where you need to get back you don't need to rely on tools you don't have full knowledge of. I'm not saying there isn't a way to reset your initial state as I'm no cloth expert, but I do know its really easy to mess something up beyond belief and I like to have something to fall back on.

Its a good idea to duplicate & hide things that you're deforming in this way, or atleast save incremental versions of your project then if it gets to a point where you need to get back you don't need to rely on tools you don't have full knowledge of. I'm not saying there isn't a way to reset your initial state as I'm no cloth expert, but I do know its really easy to mess something up beyond belief and I like to have something to fall back on.

thanks mate. That's exactly what I've been doing so far. But obviously it would be much more convenient to just reset the deformation of the object while the cloth tag is still attached.