Sign in to follow this  
Beaver

Robots in disguise

Oh the memories...

I actually re-watched the whole series recently, I didn't realize how bad it was back then. First season and the Movie are great, everything else, I wouldn't mind forgetting.

Starscream FTW!

Ha! Our editor is a huge fan of Transformers, so much so that he's got an Autobot emblem tattoo on his arm from when he was 18. He's far more hesitant about it now that Michael Bay screwed it up. It's hard to think someone can screw up giant fighting robots, but…

Transformers was like a religion to me as a kid. Yeah, it's best not to rewatch it, the memories are better. But for a show designed to shovel toys it had some pretty deep layers with the matrix and all.

I feel like if they hadn't taken the movie so seriously, it could have been amazing. It would have been cool to see a more tongue in cheek take on it. It's a movie about alien robots for crying out loud. This ended up being like 2 fast 2 furious with robots.

When I was a kid I thought they were being hood about it and saying, "Robots in da' skies".

That's how they subtitled it over here, always drove me nuts as a kid.