Sign in to follow this  
a2visual

Recommended hotels in LA?

The wife and I are going to LA in late Sept for about 4 days. We're going to see Vampire Weekend at the Hollywood Bowl, but we'll also be checking out the Getty, Venice Beach, Grouman's, a Galaxy game…the usual stuff. Mostly staying in the Hollywood/Beverly Hills/Santa Monica as far as I can tell. Does anyone have any good recommendations for decent hotels at a decent price (~$100/night)?

We're thinking about going the Hotwire route since the prices are so good but something about not knowing what hotel I'm getting kinda freaks me out and I haven't been in LA since I was a kid. Thanks!

Edited by a2visual

The wife and I are going to LA in late Sept for about 4 days. We're going to see Vampire Weekend at the Hollywood Bowl, but we'll also be checking out the Getty, Venice Beach, Grouman's, a Galaxy game…the usual stuff. Mostly staying in the Hollywood/Beverly Hills/Santa Monica as far as I can tell. Does anyone have any good recommendations for decent hotels at a decent price (~$100/night)?

We're thinking about going the Hotwire route since the prices are so good but something about not knowing what hotel I'm getting kinda freaks me out and I haven't been in LA since I was a kid. Thanks!

Just to throw it out there, I used to stay at the Custom Hotel a lot when I was flying back and forth from Detroit to LA.

http://www.customhotel.com/

It's posh and cheap, but south of the Venice area (near LAX). It's right on Lincoln, so it's just a zip north up Lincoln through Marina del Rey into Venice or SaMo. Plus it's not in a dirty-ass area like Hollywood.

To get to the Hollywood Bowl, you can take the drunk bus out of the West Side http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/getting-to-the-bowl/park-and-ride.cfm