Sign in to follow this  
zander

Scot Pilgrim

So what did everyone thing? Living breathing mograph in a film beyond the titles!

Loved it, I liked the inclusion of many of the best lines that were excluded during the story to bring it back around into the fold.

Very awesome indeed.

Just found out about the movie a few days ago. I'm interested, but the trailer looked like a collection of today's overused effects. Got a flashback from Star Trek with all those lens flares. Still a cool thing though.

I was going to wait for this one to hit netflix, watching it back to back with speed racer. If you say its really that awesome though, I may have to check it out here soon.

Edited by AromaKat

To put this bluntly, the trailer does this film 0 justice. It's like summing up Starwars A New Hope as a love story between an old man, a teenage boy and a mysterious princess.

The film is very good and it's a marvel in editing, sound design, score and has some fabulous effects good comedy, writing and story. Yea it speaks to a certain sect of people more, but it's very much a film everyone could enjoy.

I'm a huge film buff, but as a non-gamer, this film obviously wasn't made for me. I'll check it out at home when it's released on DVD.

I thought it was based on a comic. Either way, Edgar Wright is the shit. Consider me interested.

Paul Robertson is the motherfuckin' man!

Some of you may remember Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight. He's had a handful of other animations out that are just as good as the aforementioned. Tons of work on his blog too (can't find my link to it and i'm too lazy to google, so you look it up)

The movie is based on a comic book that "speaks" in many gamer languages, using "1 ups" and the use of Loot from fallen enemies, that's not to say you have to be a gamer to get everything, especially not a modern gamer, most of the references are universal if you've played an NES or a Sega Genesis a decade or 2 back.

Loved the story and the visual style of the movie, the vfx and motion graphics were top notch. Lately special effects in movies leave me wanting to see something crazier or innovative, to give that WTF factor.

I remember how I wanted to stop the movie, rewind it and analyze it FBF to figure out how they made some shots. Truly amazing work here, delivered mostly by Double Negative studios I think.