Sign in to follow this  
the_Monkey

Unbelievable Stock Animation

From another angle... Check this simple little piece, couple of cross-faded noise loops, an hour or maybe two? Then see the downloads, >600. Then notice that he's made some colour variants, with >100 downloads each. So say it's reached >1000 downloads, at maybe $12-$20 going to the author.

$15k for two hours work. For something he's probably made for one of his clients anyway...

Interested?

yeah, what's sad is that's not nearly working towards his full potential...introducing Danny Roew

edit: I'm such a dick-

Time to grab a sixer of tallboys, sit back and watch the Pink Dog works its magic.

From another angle... Check this simple little piece, couple of cross-faded noise loops, an hour or maybe two? Then see the downloads, >600. Then notice that he's made some colour variants, with >100 downloads each. So say it's reached >1000 downloads, at maybe $12-$20 going to the author.

$15k for two hours work. For something he's probably made for one of his clients anyway...

Interested?

The guy that sits next to me does a lot of remote work for some producers in LA.

He saw me click through to the link above and he said, "Hey, actually I think (the LA producer) sent that to me for the last (daytime television) show!"

Sure enough, it was a lighter grey version of the same animation. Now I'm going to start looking for it on TV.

Reminds me a little of how everyone on TV reads the same newspaper.

;)

-m

yeah, what's sad is that's not nearly working towards his full potential...introducing Danny Roew

edit: I'm such a dick-

what I've learned here, is that I'm an idiot for not making looping backgrounds all day. If I did this non-stop for a month I'll bet I could pay off my house within a year.

what I've learned here, is that I'm an idiot for not making looping backgrounds all day. If I did this non-stop for a month I'll bet I could pay off my house within a year.

No kidding, I think I'll pencil in december for 'looping istock videos'. I can spend all holiday making money while drinking and getting fat