Sign in to follow this  
netwonder

"c4d 11.5" mac rendering out of memory error

I'm rendering a scene in C4D 11.5 on a 2x2.8 Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8GB of Ram. I'm using GI and Depth of Field with HDRI for lighting and reflection. Im getting "Out of Memory Error" after a few minutes of GI Processing. Sometimes I get it sooner than later or later than sooner. I'm rebooted C4D since its the only solution I can find around this the net so far. Anyone have any render setting advice.

Thanks

I'm rendering a scene in C4D 11.5 on a 2x2.8 Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8GB of Ram. I'm using GI and Depth of Field with HDRI for lighting and reflection. Im getting "Out of Memory Error" after a few minutes of GI Processing. Sometimes I get it sooner than later or later than sooner. I'm rebooted C4D since its the only solution I can find around this the net so far. Anyone have any render setting advice.

Thanks

Are you running Cinema in 64bit or 32bit? Sounds like 32.

I've never had an out of memory error in 64bit.

-m

I have it set to 64bit and I'm rendering out in sequence and layers for post render compositing and adjustment of the shadows, reflection etc. So 2gb per core huh? Any ways I can get it to use Vram off the hard drive. I have a 1TB. Its a fast 7200rpm hard drive.

I'm rendering a scene in C4D 11.5 on a 2x2.8 Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8GB of Ram. I'm using GI and Depth of Field with HDRI for lighting and reflection. Im getting "Out of Memory Error" after a few minutes of GI Processing

- Do the depht of field in in your compositing app (set up a depht map in cinemas multipass rendering).

- Downsize large texture maps if possible.

- Split up your project into layers and render them separate.

- Lower reflection depht in your render settings.

- Fake everything you can in comp.

- Don't use Area lights.

- Don't use GI.

- Don't use AO.

- Buy more RAM.

Edited by levante