Sign in to follow this  
baynoise

Moving to NYC

Rent is pretty outrageous in NYC. We were renting a sublet in Ft Greene for four months at $2200 a month and finally moved into our own apartment in Cobble Hill which is $2000. It still amazes me how expensive it is. Rent and the way people drive are the two things that bug me the most about NYC. Small price to pay for living and working in such an awesome city though.

hey, we're neighbors!

Rent is pretty outrageous in NYC. We were renting a sublet in Ft Greene for four months at $2200 a month and finally moved into our own apartment in Cobble Hill which is $2000. It still amazes me how expensive it is. Rent and the way people drive are the two things that bug me the most about NYC. Small price to pay for living and working in such an awesome city though.

Bumping this bad boy from a couple years back.

NYC people, does this info still hold up? What are the good areas in Brooklyn to live these days? Looking to relocate soon (December) and trying to pick an area to focus on finding a place to live.

R

I think I started this thread when I first moved here a couple years ago. Brooklyns the jam. Especially after working in Manhattan all day. Plus riding to work is pretty rad.

Bumping this bad boy from a couple years back.

NYC people, does this info still hold up? What are the good areas in Brooklyn to live these days? Looking to relocate soon (December) and trying to pick an area to focus on finding a place to live.

R