Sign in to follow this  
Encity

Showcasing pitch work

Just curious, and I couldn't find any thread specifically on this, but is it okay to post boards/frames that never made it anywhere? I might mock up a style frame but if my creative director feels like it isn't the direction they want it to go in, it wont be used to be pitched to the client. so essentially the frame that I made doesn't go anywhere nor will anyone look at it. Is it okay (and i know its probably best to ask the creative director) to showcase these sort of style frames on my own site and such? I just don't want to run into any problems later on with my studio saying, oh that was made at our studio and it's wrong to showcase it. And for the most part im talking about styleframes where there was virtually no input from anyone except myself.

Unless you've signed a contract stating otherwise, yes! surely that's got to be one of the (only) benefits of free-pitching - you get to keep work that didn't make the cut for your reel.

I'd show it unless you are specifically told not to.

There is value in showing non-winning boards because it shows your general ability to concept and design and that is valuable info for prospective clients to have about you.

Definitely run it by your CD. there are often times where the client or agency does not want those materials floating around and may have an agreement, in the original contract, with your employer regarding such materials.