Sign in to follow this  
Colin@movecraft

Snoop Dogg Text Edish

Here's some text treatments I whipped up for my friend Alexander Tarrant @ tarrant.tv He directed some online Snoop Dogg promos and we did an online promo for Landy Cognac with Snoop's "Luv Drunk" track. Check out the final here:

I like our Art Direction of the black and white, high contrast, flares, and etc.. but I also liked the way the text was looking out of C4D so I outputted the "Text Edish" here. Enjoy!

Also just noticed they are doing an online contest for this at

http://abduzeedo.com/snoop-dogg

If anyone want to utilize the source files, I posted them here:

http://movecraft.com/clients/movecraft/snoop-luvdrunk3.zip

Fer shizzle!

c

Edited by Colin@movecraft

I'm a little shocked to see you working on a contest like that, Colin.

Yeah.. I did the job for a friend then found out they turned it into a contest later. So I guess I did the "official" job. We've been doing Snoop stuff for quite a while. I was hoping they'd include my graphics package with the footage and materials for the contest, but thought I'd go guerilla and post my source files, too, see if anyone is interested.

c

Yeah.. I did the job for a friend then found out they turned it into a contest later. So I guess I did the "official" job. We've been doing Snoop stuff for quite a while. I was hoping they'd include my graphics package with the footage and materials for the contest, but thought I'd go guerilla and post my source files, too, see if anyone is interested.

Thanks for posting the source files. It will be cool to check out.

If this week's booking falls through I will probably end up playing with the green screen footage. Won't ever turn anything in though laugh.gif.

Playing with green screen of Snoop is just too irresistible. Wish the quality was better, though. Could be a deal breaker. I can't believe they rolled the camera, but still delivered it pillarboxed within a 960x540 frame. Any chance you have better source footage you can post, since its open to the public anyway?

Edited by AromaKat

Hi thanks for sharing,

i downloaded this 3 times (attemted to)

But every time it says (corrupt file can't open)

Huh. Just downloaded and it worked fine. Don't know what to say. I'm on a mac. I compressed it on a mac. 10.6.. The files are c4d and Adobe and stuff.

Im not participating in this contest but saw it as a opportunity to whack together some design frames.

Frame_1.jpg

Frame_2.jpg

Frame_3.jpg

The green screen footy is the worst i have even seen!

Edited by b_foote1

The green screen footy is the worst i have even seen!

i agree. actually, i shot it... though it's because we went from snoop alone, static at his mark on a 2-person greenscreen, to "bring in 4 dancer girls and just put these bottles on the floor in front of them, and do it now, you can't relight because snoop has to leave for the lakers game". it was nobody's fault at the shoot, they were just trying to squeeze out as much as possible from the time they had with snoop and were just coming up with things to shoot on the fly.

we were okay with it because it's keyable for a pro who knows what they're doing (because of the luma diff with subject), but i had no idea they were gonna pass it on to consumers for a contest. ugh.

i agree. actually, i shot it... though it's because we went from snoop alone, static at his mark on a 2-person greenscreen, to "bring in 4 dancer girls and just put these bottles on the floor in front of them, and do it now, you can't relight because snoop has to leave for the lakers game". it was nobody's fault at the shoot, they were just trying to squeeze out as much as possible from the time they had with snoop and were just coming up with things to shoot on the fly.

we were okay with it because it's keyable for a pro who knows what they're doing (because of the luma diff with subject), but i had no idea they were gonna pass it on to consumers for a contest. ugh.

With multiple hands on "the real project", can someone please provide good source? A 720x1280 portrait video at full-res?

It's not even about quality of footage, that concert is insanely exploitative. Not even a LITTLE bit of money for a prize? Or anything even remotely useful? (Everyone knows by now that exposure is as easy as getting your work onto a few portals) Just some bottles of shitty cognac? Who are they hoping will enter this contest, winos?

that being said, colin your type treatments are quite nice!

Edited by mete_shop

Guest Sao_Bento

That had to be Jaan dream shoot.

It's not even about quality of footage, that concert is insanely exploitative. Not even a LITTLE bit of money for a prize? Or anything even remotely useful? (Everyone knows by now that exposure is as easy as getting your work onto a few portals) Just some bottles of shitty cognac? Who are they hoping will enter this contest, winos?

that being said, colin your type treatments are quite nice!

Thanks man. Also Jaan's footage is HD portrait aspect ratio and made perfect sense in the context of the original setup for this kinda stuff -

Who's Jaan to stop Snoop from rapping to his own track in the last few minutes of the shoot with some dancer girls and firing off some throw away green screen footage? Might as well throw it online, see if anyone want to monkey with it.

As far as getting paid in Landy... have you seen they have a bottle that is shaped like a lady with an ACTUAL TINY tight red dress on? That's prize enough alone. It was what I was drinking the whole time I designed the type stuff.

c

Hi there aromakat,

Also downloaded that file extractor, and still same error (also redownloaded the zip file.

It still mentionend that the source file is broken and cannot open)

too bad.

PM me...

can you open um... a .sit ?

Otherwise I dunno.

c

ok...im confused...the text treatment link on vimeo is really nice looking. -Good design and slick renders (minus some gi flicker) But it looks all around pro quality...but that youtube video...that thing is a mess. Bad use of flares, overblown, weird distortion effects, shaky 3d tracking...and the nice text treatment was completely butchered.

Im sorry for the rant but good god I would be pissed if I saw my work end up like that.

Its like: "Hey why dont you spend time rendering out some cool c4D assets and I'll travel back in time to after effects 1.0 and apply this neat geocities websafe color filter"

ok...im confused...the text treatment link on vimeo is really nice looking. -Good design and slick renders (minus some gi flicker) But it looks all around pro quality...but that youtube video...that thing is a mess. Bad use of flares, overblown, weird distortion effects, shaky 3d tracking...and the nice text treatment was completely butchered.

Im sorry for the rant but good god I would be pissed if I saw my work end up like that.

Its like: "Hey why dont you spend time rendering out some cool c4D assets and I'll travel back in time to after effects 1.0 and apply this neat geocities websafe color filter"

Agreed.