Sign in to follow this  
maria

Help my render keeps failing!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a lot of issues trying to render an after effects animation off my mac book pro laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a project I'm working on that's due today and the render keeps failing. When the render fails a window pops up that says...

After Effects error: unable to allocate space for a 7720x29586 image buffer. You may be experiencing fragmentation. In the Memory & Mulitprocessing Preferences dialog box, try increasing the RAM to leave for other applications, and selecting the Enable Disk Cache option in the Media $ Disk panel.

I had a comp that was built large and I shrink it by at least half. I'm using the 3D camera and unfortuntely a slow computer. I don't know much about adjusting the options in this dialog box as it recommends. However I tried adjusting the settings from one end of the spectrum to the other and still every time I render it fails. If anyone knows what to suggest to get my animation rendering I would really appreciate it considering this project is due in a couple hours.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a lot of issues trying to render an after effects animation off my mac book pro laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a project I'm working on that's due today and the render keeps failing. When the render fails a window pops up that says...

After Effects error: unable to allocate space for a 7720x29586 image buffer. You may be experiencing fragmentation. In the Memory & Mulitprocessing Preferences dialog box, try increasing the RAM to leave for other applications, and selecting the Enable Disk Cache option in the Media $ Disk panel.

I had a comp that was built large and I shrink it by at least half. I'm using the 3D camera and unfortuntely a slow computer. I don't know much about adjusting the options in this dialog box as it recommends. However I tried adjusting the settings from one end of the spectrum to the other and still every time I render it fails. If anyone knows what to suggest to get my animation rendering I would really appreciate it considering this project is due in a couple hours.

Thank you!

7720 x 29586 .... really?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you!

Easy Solution.

go into photoshop, go to image size, make that shit like 1000% percent smaller, save, and reload in AE (right click on the file in your project and click reload) (AND make it as small as you can get it to keep quality)

You should never need an image that big, unless you render for a tv the size of the world.

Thank for the suggestions problem is I'm not using an Ai or PSD file of that size. Most of them are 1920x1080. That's what's driving me nutz! And if I shrunk the files it'll effect the comps their already in

Ok there's a specific frame that the render keeps failing on. I just realized that 29586 is referring to the 3D X space coordinate on the same point in time as the frame that keeps failing when rendered. This layer is a background pre-comp. The pre-comp dimensions are 77680x5200. In the pre-comp are HD (1920x1080) sized vector designs that are patched together. It's sort like a wallpaper design that the camera is panning along. So what the heck.. the original Ai file is 1920x1080? Not sure what to do next.

LOL...actually it will be played on a jumbotron at baseball stadium but it is being rendered in HD. Ok just got the ok from the client to take the 3D camera out. Luckily they were cool about it and yes I realize trying a project like this on my mac book pro wasn't the best idea. In the future if I want to use the 3D camera to pan up through the x and y axis along a big wall-like image what would be the best way to go about it? Either way wouldn't the image have to be large so the HD camera has space to travel along it?

Edited by maria

<br />In the future if I want to use the 3D camera to pan up through the x and y axis along a big wall-like image what would be the best way to go about it? <br />
<br /><br /><br />

animate the comp not the camera

what if you want it to have a 3D effect..say the image is transparent and there are other elements behind it or in front of it as it's panning? What about those motion graphic pieces where it's one camera pan through the entire animation and different elements are constantly animating in 3D space as the camera moves?

It just so happens that... yes, the deliverables for this job will be played on a tv the size of the world.

:)

-m

JUST BLEW MY MIND... haha nice. BUT the real question is, what would be playing on it?

@ maria, One solution/<ore of a work around i always use when this type of problem comes up, is render an image sequence. and when it fails i purge ,then render a little more of the image sequence.... so on and so on. Not as easy as a simple render through but when your in a crunch, it makes shit happen.

Motion blur in AE sometimes is the buggest catalyst of that error. If your still trying to sort it out, you can try turning off your motion blur. Then, when it renders out fully you can force motion blur on your rendered movie or use a plug-in motion blur (RE:Vison works great for me).