Sign in to follow this  
wwDB50

New Demo from Dripsblack

There's some interesting and nicely varied work to be found in the reel. I particularly like the intro. Fun sound design and a neat idea.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to perhaps split this reel into 2 reels. One being a design and animation reel and one dealing more with the production and visual effects. The two don't seem to mix well right now as it is. My initial reaction is that the vfx work is much stronger in some areas than the design and animation work and so it sort of lessens the other work when in the same reel.

There is a lot of really nice work here. I think that a couple of your clips could be trimmed down a little. The State of Re:Union seems to play for quite a while and so does the very last piece with the kids and the robot. I think your weakest pieces are the Xtreme Poker clip and the clips with the 3d text outside. The Xtreme Poker clip is your weakest design. The 3D text clips have good composting...but, I don't think you should include them because you have several other clips that have even better and more dynamic examples of composting.

Cool stuff. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

holy over bloated reel batman. Trim that puppy down. loose the crap keep the winners. It felt like I was watching a short film. I'd lose the composting breakdowns and put those into a separate reel. Also overall I don't think the edit was solid. There's some nice work in there, but as a reel. I'd call this one a do over-

edit: maybe take a look at some other reels for length & timing.

Edited by aspekt