Sign in to follow this  
robmonstro

iPad Light Painting

just saw it on motionographer, its a cool concept, but i feel like its lacking in depth. I think i feel that though about alot of things that are more about concept then visual. pretty cool idea

just saw it on motionographer, its a cool concept, but i feel like its lacking in depth. I think i feel that though about alot of things that are more about concept then visual. pretty cool idea

Lacking visual or conceptual depth? To me, this seemed mostly about exploring a new visual technique than communicating a concept.

More cool 3D motion graphics:

The Willy Wonka side of me thinks this is the most awesome thing ever.

The NYer in me is like, "Great another f*cking tool to bombard me with advertising for shitty shoes, tv, and food products."

Regarding the iPad Light Painting using "CAT Scan Technology"... that's a pretty fancy way of saying I just found the boolean tool in C4D and filmed it.

"Making Future Magic"? It's clever... but it's not a terribly distant jump from conventional Light Painting techniques.

If it weren't on the iPad this would just be in the typical Make Magazine circles.

Since it is on the iPad it's a Twitter sensation.

-m

Guest Sao_Bento

Gotta love those novelties - keep em gawkin.

BTW, isn't it about time for slow motion shards of glass to make a comeback?

it's neato mosquito and boring at the same time. Needs a relevant hook, not just cryptic artistry. However, I bet it was a great feeling when they thought of the idea and executed their first exposure and saw the "3D" result. Kudos for the thought process.

Lacking visual or conceptual depth? To me, this seemed mostly about exploring a new visual technique than communicating a concept.

lacking visual, but its a great idea. They could of gone WAY further with the visuals though

Yeah, neat technique, but needed some content to pull it through the 5 min run time. A story, or some kind of purpose. Otherwise I agree with whats already been said - it's just a demonstration of a novel technique.

Yeah, neat technique, but needed some content to pull it through the 5 min run time. A story, or some kind of purpose. Otherwise I agree with whats already been said - it's just a demonstration of a novel technique.

I agree. Neat idea, but why? Just cause?