Sign in to follow this  
julianoeb

Text Desintegration (how?)

Hello, I am doing an animation and need to make a word if disintegrate and become like little ants (previously animated). Is a word, example "MY TEXT" this text will appear after going todisintegrate , losing "weight" and turning into small and hundreds of ants will have a separate animation. How can I do this? It's as if all the ants together to form one text.

Some like this:

Thxs!

OuvirLer foneticamente

Have you checked out any of the tutorials that are out there about text to dust?I would think it's the same concept.

That video looks like it start off with regular text and then fades into a layer with particular that uses a text object as an emitter. You would probably start off with the Y wind at zero and then animate it as needed. Of course...you would use your ants or birds or whatever for the particles.

Edited by Trione

Hello, thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention one thing.

I'll have a word "EXAMPLE" that will dissolve in ants, and these ants will form another word, then how can I do for these particles to form another word, as if the ants come together again forming this another word.

Animate the Y wind back to zero. You're going to have to play with particular. You're going to need to start out with the ants really tight together and then change the animation so the ants spread out and then copy the first keyframe(s) and use that to go back to the other word.

So to change words...you well need to animate the source text property of your text. You'll probably want to change the text while the ants are spread out.

If that doesn't work you might have to use two instances of particular and have the first instances of ants and the second instance overlap some. So the first instance fades out and the second fades in seamlessly. I would think that the particular settings would be similar if not the same (you might want to add a little variation though). The emitters will be different.

It might be easier to just use two instances.

Play around and see what happens. Don't forget to post your results.:D