Sign in to follow this  
Winston64

Stupid Newbie question

Sorry about this, but I'm under a deadline. Doing a simple Inception-ish reveal of extruding text from above. How can I create a separate rate of extrusion for each character? I know what a ridiculously basic question this is, but I'm stuck. I'm using a Mograph text object if that matters. Tried the Random Effector, just looked a little too... random. All I want is to be able to have the characters reach their "apex" at a set time of my choosing. Do I need to seperate the characters onto their own layers and assign a seperate extrude to each character? If so, (get ready for another stupid question) how does one separate the letters of a Mograph text object? Sorry if this is the wrong section and for the question(s) overall. Thanks in advance.

You could create a plain effector for each letter, enable the fallof (with a box shape) and move them so they covers each individual letter. Then set the parameter to Scale only along the Z axis. Then you could animate the strength.

Or if you want to separate the letters in the Mograph Text Object, just make it editable (hit "C" or "functions, Make Editable"). That will break each letter into an Extrude NURBS object. Then you can adjust and animate each letter individually.

Hope that helps

You don't need mograph at all to do this. Create a 'text spline object' for each of your letters separately and extrude them with extrude NURBs separately. Then, simply animate the extrusion.

Also, don't take this the wrong way but, answers to software specific questions (especially those relating to basic, beginner-level techniques) should always be sought first on their dedicated boards (like C4D Cafe or Cineversity) where they are likely much easier to get and much faster to find.

Hope this helped.