Sign in to follow this  
Guest vinteg

Illustrator and Photoshop CS Announced

Guest igorschmigor

Oh shit, they are following Macromedias example of the studio marketing. :(

MX, CS and all that... what is it good for?

Guest firemind

Now now now. While I agree the CS tag is silly, the new features look appetizing. I for one can't wait for nested layers, layers in 16-bit mode and non-square pixel support :)

Guest vinteg

I feel that there isn't enough features to warrant an upgrade. The only true thing that I see really useful is the non-square pixel support and the a built-in titlesafe/action safe template.

Is it me, or is Photoshop Features and After Effects borrowing more and more ideas from each other. Photoshop can now support compositions and After Effects with the Liquify filter.

Guest igorschmigor

well, i think both programmes really should borrow ideas from each other. I still wait for the Photoshop upgrade that can use filters as adjustment layers like in after effects.

Guest vinteg

True. I would like it if Photoshop would be able to be adjust the effects like AE. I like how you could readjust the parameters anytime, unlike Photoshop where it becomes destructive.

Guest jasfish

The Illustrator upgrade looks nice .. adding some cool 3D options. Don't know if it's better than Freehand MX or not, but I'll be getting the Illustrator upgrade.

jasfish

Guest skidd

i think that adobe is the big company of the year.

after 6 for example, leave combustion in the ground. for what we work. "motion and animagraphics" baby :)

Guest skidd

I hoped other companies had the responsibilities that Aadobe has. Matrox for instance, made a great shit. They didn't make upgrade for their more expensive boards, Digisiute do not support Premiere PRO (really PRO now) and After Effects 6, I have USD 90 000 more or less in equipments Matrox and they simply say that won't throw drivers for Digisuite for the newset of applications.

They should be playing with our face :

Detail, they will only throw a new plate in April of 2004, and he takes the risk of they throw not. Thats bad matrox!

That was a relief of a rioted

Guest igorschmigor

jasfish: you're an illustrator user and wonder if the new version is better than freehand MX??? Illustrator 10 was already better. Or are you just talking about the 3D features?

Guest jasfish

igor,

i was just talking about the 3D features.

i tried a demo of freehand and liked the 3d extrude .. just wondering, and it looks like it is, better than freehands 3d.

jasfish

Guest vinteg

Will they eventually add the CS moniker to their digital video products? I also wished that we could choose to package which products together for the big discount. I remember the days when they had the digital video collection/ print collection and other different types of collections that was basically different configurations of their apps.

If they could package Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS and AE 6 together for the big discount, then I might think about an upgrade.

Guest firemind

No, the video products are all 'pro' now. The design apps are all 'CS'. Yes, the adobe marketing department deserves to be slapped. :P

Guest jasfish

wasn't sure about upgrading .. but that video convinced me. Really looks like a must-have upgrade. Love the 3D capabilities now in Illustrator.

jasfish

Guest TrentDiggity

I really wish Adobe didnt change the name to CS just because i have always considered them a few steps ahead of macromedia and that totally seems as though they are biting macromedia's style. As far as the web registeration goes, yeah that really sucks, but im not on a pc so It doesnt affect me really. It makes pretty good sense on the macromedia end since their products are used so much for web, but i know tons of people that use photoshop and illustrator that arnt connected to the web. anyways, WOO HOO for non square pixels.