Sign in to follow this  
Beaver

VO Setup

Need to put together a decent recording setup for some VO needs. Don't really have a budget in mind, but I'm not trying to spend more than I have to.

Mainly looking for suggestions on:

- Good usb audio interface

- Condenser Mic

- Anywhere to get cheap acoustic padding / or good alternatives (that don't involve stapling blankets to the wall)

Lastly, I'm planning on using Adobe soundbooth because the processing needs should be pretty basic (and I already own it), but if there are any good reasons to use different software I'm all ears.

I would get an analog mixer, Mackie or something...

Senheissers are really good as far as Microphones go.

The padding, I think you have to experiment with.

If you have a capture card, for example a Black Magic card, you can run out an XLR cable from your mixer to your capture card and just capture audio.

Hey Beav... I actually have VO equipment that I bought for a one-off gig, and while I would like to hang on to it - I just don't see a future need for it.

Its just collecting dust, and I was going to ebay the whole setup, but if you want it I'd give you a fire price. Condensor mic + stand / cradle / windscreen + XLR to USB interface. No padding or anything.

Send me a PM if your interested.