Sign in to follow this  
samwelkertv

I'm back with a better site! :D

edit: ha woops. Well I just saw this was dug up from october. So I deleted my "advice" to sam. But I left this link in cause it's pretty amazing anyway. Check out the first and last pages, and check out the author's site. Pretty inspiring I thought.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=870

Edited by adam

edit: ha woops. Well I just saw this was dug up from october. So I deleted my "advice" to sam. But I left this link in cause it's pretty amazing anyway. Check out the first and last pages, and check out the author's site. Pretty inspiring I thought.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=870

Dude!

I mean, I'm really impressed by the art, for sure. But I'm almost more impressed that they kept that thread going for 8 years! :lol:

Seriously though, that's incredible. Really inspiring.

R

Dude!

I mean, I'm really impressed by the art, for sure. But I'm almost more impressed that they kept that thread going for 8 years! :lol:

Seriously though, that's incredible. Really inspiring.

R

What's more impressive is that he didn't give up.

Seen plenty of illustration peeps kicking ass, but this guy just went for it and didn't let anything stop him.

That, and also his general attitude about taking feedback and being honest with himself about his own work. That's the part I would have liked to share with our esteemed mr. welker. He could have stopped at any point along the way and said "Welp, I've finally made it. Look how many pages this thread is! Look how many hits my site has!" but that's not at all where his head is at.

That, and also his general attitude about taking feedback and being honest with himself about his own work. That's the part I would have liked to share with our esteemed mr. welker. He could have stopped at any point along the way and said "Welp, I've finally made it. Look how many pages this thread is! Look how many hits my site has!" but that's not at all where his head is at.

Exactly.

Criticism, whether positive or negative, shouldn't detract you from your goal.

It is hard for people not to have egos, but the ones without them are usually better artists.

If I was Sam Welker, I would definitely take the route of learning and sucking in as much as I could from design books, visiting museums, etc. Wish I had a head start.

Edited by hyp3