Sign in to follow this  
Junior Taxi

C4D polygon identification

Hi Folks,

I know it's possible to identify and alter a polygon's number through the structure manager but is there a way of doing the same job inside the viewport? It would greatly speed up the work flow of my current project if something like this is possible or even if there is a way of simply identifying the polygon numbers inside the viewport.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Folks,

I know it's possible to identify and alter a polygon's number through the structure manager but is there a way of doing the same job inside the viewport? It would greatly speed up the work flow of my current project if something like this is possible or even if there is a way of simply identifying the polygon numbers inside the viewport.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

-other than docking the structure manager right next to the viewport I can't seem to find a way. (no way to drag and drop this attribute into the HUD as with others it seems).

Hey Mograph Superstar, I've yet to figure it out either but I'll let you know if I do.

Here's a little more info on what I'm trying to accomplish just incase there's a different work around anyone can thing of... I'm attempting to deconstruct various objects using mograph's Step Effector but I want full control over the sequence of polygons affected. The Step Effecter works sequentially depending on the numerical value of the polygon, so finding a very quick way to alter a polygons value would be perfect. The Structure Manager is good but when working with hundreds of polygons it can be extremely slow work.

Here's a link to a very simple setup: https://www.yousendit.com/download/ ZGJmS3hZWlQ1aWJ2Wmc9PQ

I would like it if instead of the polygons being affected from left to right, I could choose the exact order on the sequence. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the only way to do it is through the Structure Manager which, like I said, is pretty cumbersome.

Thanks

Edited by Junior Taxi

in Xpresso you can use a polygon node to receive the polygon index of your object. I've done a similar thing with cycling through point indexes. You'll have to do a little trial and error, but you should investigate this route as I think it'll solve your problem.

-mike