Sign in to follow this  
joedonaldson

Magazines

The title says it all. Pretty generic thread, I just wanted to see which magazines my fellow mographians frequent.

I recently started checking out Communications Arts, www.commarts.com. So far it has been a really interesting magazine. They break down a lot of storyboards and cover a wide range of mediums from film, design, 3D and mograph. You can also find a nice balance of personal and commercial projects in there. And of course there are the staples like CMYK and 3D World which always have great work and good articles. I also have found that Esquire has some killer design. The content is sometimes a bit...eyyy, but boy is it pretty.

What would you all recommend looking into on my next trip to borders?

Guest Sao_Bento

Thrasher

Transworld Skateboarding

Skateboarder

Wired

American Photo

Sole Collector

Nat Geo

Rolling Stone

Esquire

Thrasher

Transworld Skateboarding

Skateboarder

Wired

American Photo

Sole Collector

Nat Geo

Rolling Stone

Esquire

BTW nice Marlo avatar. I finished the wire a few months back and have been having some serious McNulty postpartum depression.

Guest Sao_Bento

BTW nice Marlo avatar. I finished the wire a few months back and have been having some serious McNulty postpartum depression.

Yep - there's nothing else like it. So much detail to every character and episode.

Yep - there's nothing else like it. So much detail to every character and episode.

Very true, one show that came close which surprised me was the Sopranos. I was skeptical going into it not wanting to like it but after watching the entire serious front to back I really really enjoyed it. But The Wire is on a completely different level though.

Damn. Eye is $30 bucks. Seems pretty steep.

Yeah man, design magazines are pretty up there which is a bummer. Maybe one day Ill be able to afford a subscription to all my favorites, but that wont be for awhile...

Damn, seriously, i just realised it's Marlo. Watching season 5 as we speak.