Sign in to follow this  
Junior Taxi

C4D Texturing issue (HyperNURBS objects)

Hi Folks,

I'm having an issue texturing any hyperNURBS animated objects correctly. In this specific case I'm trying to texture a Sweep NURB but am having major issues as I can't generate UVW coordinates. In cylindrical mode the texture wraps to the object correctly but doesn't stick to the object. In UVW mapping mode the texture sticks to the object but doesn't wrap around it correctly.

Here's the example: https://rcpt.yousend...2a2ad6a360fb101

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by Junior Taxi

Hi, I tried to look at your file but I couldn't open it. Guessing you are using something above R11. Ok so two things Hypernurbs and Sweepnurbs are two different objects but both (subset)NURBS objects. Nurbs are generators and therefore cannot use the stick texture tag. You have to use the UVWs or another method. If I knew how exactly you were animating then I could give you options. Probably a screen shot would help. Here is something quick.

Make the sweep that you like, but going in a straight line.

Make it editable

Texture to your fancy

Stick Texture tag

Deform along path with spline wrap.

Thanks David. Unfortunately neither of those solutions seem to work in this case but I'll keep plugging away and let you know if I find a work around.

Both of these approaches work with your file here.

Nurbs are generators and therefore cannot use the stick texture tag.

From the manual: "UVW mapping does not work very well with HyperNURBS objects. In these cases, use a Stick Texture tag instead of UVW mapping to pin down the texture". The tag works on all NURBS objects.