Sign in to follow this  
secretninja

Motion Designers Toolkit

What's your thoughts on the Motion Designers Toolkit that Digital Juice has? Would it be something that could be put into someone's reel? Would it be considered to be use in a professional Motion Graphics house? I just wanted to get you guys thoughts on it.

Thanks!

heres how I see it.. Its a tool just like everything else. or another way to see it.. Some people have Trapcode suite and only use the default settings and are happy is that "reel worthy?" your "tools" are only as good as something something.. (I couldnt figure out a neato saying there so I just kinda stopped.. but you get the idea.. )

i don't think its reel worthy, but it depends on your client base. If you cater to a heap of low budget clients, then this thing could really increase your profits, but it's not anything that you would put in your reel if you want to be treated seriously.

Generally apart from cs-tools, all presets libraries are frowned upon =)

Generally apart from cs-tools, all presets libraries are frowned upon =)

There ya have it :P someone already designed those elements and added motion to them, so as a motion designer it'd be pretty gay to put it on your reel (imo). Itd be fine to use them if you got creative and made them your own, but if youre going to that much trouble already you might as well save yourself the money and make your own :D