Sign in to follow this  
Atom

Spherical Gravity in Cinema 4D

Hi All,

I am using C4D and I want to have a ball bounce using dynamics but I want the gravity to originate from a sphere. So in the end the scene would look like a ball drops onto a sphere, bounces with decay and rolls along the surface of the sphere because gravity is attracting it to the sphere.

Can this be done in Cinema 4D? If so, what is the best way to set this up?

Thanks for your time.

I would use an attractor for this. Zero out the gravity on your scene in the document settings and then use an attractor in the center of the sphere to act as your spherical gravity. I have a scene you can download here that get's you most of the way there. http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2009/10/mograph-2-attractor-project-file-download/

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks for the link Nick. That is close, but the attractor works mainly like a magnet, not gravity. I took the project and reduced the count so the cloner was producing only a single little sphere. When the attractor drops off the ball falls back to the plane and bounces. That is what I want to happen when the little ball attracts to the sphere. I am new to C4D so I am going to play around with your scene a bit more. But if you have any suggestions to adding more bounce to the initial attraction, that would help.

Thanks again!

Nice work Srek, pretty much what I was going for.

But alas, R12 is still not available to me.

So is that a thinking particles emitter with a pGravity (set to spherical) and a pDeflector (the large sphere)?