Sign in to follow this  
Duder

OS X 10.7

wow, I can't believe apple would unveil a new OS that was solely driven to consumer minded, app gobbling,

social networked housewives and not the hardcore users like us.

(I'm being sarcastic)

OMG, he said WINDOWS, but he just meant windows on the screen, HAHAHAHAHAHA, so funny.

This new OS looks so revolutionary.

When did Apple hire J Peterman to demo their stuff?

OMG, he said WINDOWS, but he just meant windows on the screen, HAHAHAHAHAHA, so funny.

This new OS looks so revolutionary.

When did Apple hire J Peterman to demo their stuff?

ha, dude i missed that. I use bootcamp so much it didn't stand out to me.

But yeah, epic fail for J Peterman.

Guest Sao_Bento

I think Apple may have officially jumped the shark at this point. There wasn't a single compelling thing in that entire event. Sorry Randy, but that iMovie UI is arse - Please don't try to pull that crap with the next version of FCP.

Its gotten really easy to tell where an apple style/design is headed these days. If it looks good on a couple devices, they mold all their products with the same theme. Same for their OS. Ever since that app store and iphone revolution, they've slowly started heading down the path of turning the entire operating system into a giant ass iTouch OS. The pinnacle of it all will be when we will only have a startup screen with an 8x4 lineup of candy-coated, rounded-corner square icons. File management for advanced users like us will be quite a bitch, and I can't see ANY major vfx software conforming to the candy OS with any relative speed.

I used to hear angry zealot PC people commenting on OSX, calling it out as the "fisher price" of computers. That was never the case, but now... with these new developments and the direction i'm sure they're ultimately heading to... I really have to wonder now.

Edited by dotcommer

Apple was always going down this road with the first candy imacs and hockey puck mice, aqua OS etc.

Soon the whole os will just be a rounded rectangle candy gloss cash register that 'lets you' buy drm apps and bullshit.

They could give a fuck about 'Pro users' and have been lustily eyeing the spendthrift consumer class since day one like a pedo at a playground.

The sad thing is windows is following suit, trying so hard to be like its better half.

Maybe its time to cut the cord and slink off to linux, and die alone.

Guest Sao_Bento

"Give me a piece of black paper and some scissors and I'll kick your ass" - Jame Victore

Guest Sao_Bento

"The computer for the rest of us" - Steve Jobs

That's what Apple has always been going for, they just never had a chance at success before. Much like RED hyped the hell out of themselves as a product for the indy and prosumer communities, then bailed on them once they had the attention of the real Hollywood folk, Apple was always about Steve Jobs' vision of creating a computer for regular people - Now that the original vision is within Apple's reach, the pro community will be tossed to the side, having served it's purpose.

I have a feeling Final Cut Studio will be sold to a different company. They'll probably dump everything except FCP.

Too much of a good thing may be the downside of Apple.

I am just hoping we are not forced to use a touch screen to create identities for companies, working 20 hours a day.

FU Steve Blobs.

Haven't used FCP since Premiere got better - for AE interoperability if nothing else.

Still using Logic and Safari, but Apple hasn't done anything for a while that has wanted to make me throw money at them.

I have a feeling Final Cut Studio will be sold to a different company. They'll probably dump everything except FCP.

Too much of a good thing may be the downside of Apple.

I am just hoping we are not forced to use a touch screen to create identities for companies, working 20 hours a day.

FU Steve Blobs.

It's very possible. It's such a tiny part of their market. Why keep support call centers running pro support or even making mac pro workstations when it's not cost effective? It would be hysterrical if they sold FCP to AVID. The funny thing is some people are very excited about this stuff. I look at the new macbook air & all I see is an Ipad that folds. And certain people out there are excited to use pro applications on it. Apple's made no secret that they are pushing mobile products above everything else. I dunno. I want my big ass clunky 12 expansion bay, 10 hard drive holding noisy ass tower.