Sign in to follow this  
eliass

Elias Widerdal Showreel 2010

Hey Elias and welcome to the forum.

I am definitely not the authority on demo reels around here but I really enjoyed your reel. It had a nice pacing to it and was edited very well to the music. The piece that I feel could use the most work or be removed would be the Oral B piece. to me it just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the reel as a whole. Other than that great work. I really enjoyed it and the reel definitely shows that you have a good sense of design and pacing.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Elias and welcome to the forum.

I am definitely not the authority on demo reels around here but I really enjoyed your reel. It had a nice pacing to it and was edited very well to the music. The piece that I feel could use the most work or be removed would be the Oral B piece. to me it just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the reel as a whole. Other than that great work. I really enjoyed it and the reel definitely shows that you have a good sense of design and pacing.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks allot for the kind words and the feedback :)

Really nice!

It's a little awkward where you end the music. Maybe you could try a version with just a hard cut on the beat at the end instead of a fade out? Just an idea. Dope work though.

Great reel, loved it! The music could be more fitting but I have no major complaints. Really crazy/encouraging to see 20 year olds freelancing off vimeo for a living ;) hows it working out btw?

oh well, dont take it too hard. If you were pepsi or at&t i doubt you'd be throwing work to a lone 20-year-old either, its just hard to trust someone that young with all that responsibility. Have you tried getting work with any design studios?

It's totally true what you are saying, i would not trust a 20 year old myself...

I don't know about that, at the end of the day all anyone cares about is if you can do good work. Maybe it will take you a bit of time to make connections and get your foot in the door, but you have a good reel that is only going to get better (plus you have real flow skillz) seems to me if you keep hustlin in not too long you should have plenty of gigs.

Good luck!

I don't know about that, at the end of the day all anyone cares about is if you can do good work. Maybe it will take you a bit of time to make connections and get your foot in the door, but you have a good reel that is only going to get better (plus you have real flow skillz) seems to me if you keep hustlin in not too long you should have plenty of gigs.

Good luck!

The ability to meet deadlines, communicate clearly, interpret contracts, and an overall sense of maturity are sometimes just as important as talent (not saying you're immature just cause youre 20 btw).

The ability to meet deadlines, communicate clearly, interpret contracts, and an overall sense of maturity are sometimes just as important as talent (not saying you're immature just cause youre 20 btw).

Maybe even more important than talent a lot of the time... I really think it's more about working a few places and getting a rep for being reliable more than an age thing though, but I could be wrong.