Sign in to follow this  
RustyAce

C4D Make Preview

Does anyone know how to make C4D use QT7 instead of 10 to display "make preview" if you have both installed on your machine? I can not get those stupid controls to go away fast enough.

I'm using snow leopard. C4D R11

Edited by RustyAce

Wouldn't the file being opened use the default program for such file type. If so then you would have to set the default program as quicktime 7 for all your QT files. I am guessing you know how to do this. If not let me know.

Searched via Google:

QuickTime X is really cool and one of the many great improvements in Snow Leopard, but I was really surprised to find out that QuickTime X no longer automatically plays movie files on open, you’d think since I just opened the file I’d want to watch the movie! Thankfully resolving this is just a matter of entering a command in the Terminal. While digging around to figure this out I also uncovered some more QuickTime X hacks, like forcing QuickTime to stay full-screen even when it’s in the background, or how to force the titlebar to always show or always hide.

Each one of these commands can be reversed by changing the value from 1 to 0 or vice versa

Autoplay QuickTime Movies on Open:

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGPlayMovieOnOpen 1

Automatically show subtitles and closed captioning:

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGEnableCCAndSubtitlesOnOpen 1

Never show titlebar:

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGCinematicWindowDebugForceNoTitlebar 1

Always show title bar & controller:

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGUIVisibilityNeverAutohide 1

Disable rounded corners in QuickTime X Player:

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGCinematicWindowDebugForceNoRoundedCorners 1

Keep playing movies full screen even when you leave QuickTime as inactive window:

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGFullScreenExitOnAppSwitch 0

i had no clue you could do this thanks

if you use this one

defaults write com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX MGUIVisibilityNeverAutoshow 1defaults write

which does not show the controls, be sure to memorize these

Spacebar – Play and pause video playback

Command-Left Arrow – Rewind movie, you can press multiple times to rewind the movie faster

Command-Right Arrow – Fast forward within the movie, with audio, again you can tap multiple times to fast forward in the movie at a faster pace

Left and Right Arrows (With no modifier keys) – allows you to scrub the video in slow motion, viewing in either rewind or forward frame by frame

Option-Left Arrow – Go to the beginning of the selection of the movie

Option-Right Arrow – Go to end of the selection of the movie

Option-Up Arrow – Increase volume to maximum volume

Option-Down Arrow – Mute audio

Up Arrow – Increase volume level

Down Arrow – Decrease volume level

Read more: http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/11-incredibly-useful-snow-leopard-terminal-hacks-650471#ixzz13h0tKqJj

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/15-terminal-commands-to-supercharge-os-x-599882?artc_pg=1

my only question is does doing this cause any system instability?