Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

AFTER EFFECTS 7 sneak peak

Guest Sao_Bento
some very sparse information on the new interface can be found in this thread:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:oBi2I1J...n&client=safari

apparently they did not change it too much. It is described as "still the same but with a new skin".

k.

48027[/snapback]

I like the part where the guys cites the fact that it takes Microsoft 5+ years to update their OS as a sign of "stability".

Guest scott frizzle
I like the part where the guys cites the fact that it takes Microsoft 5+ years to update their OS as a sign of "stability".

48049[/snapback]

Sao, I thought the same thing. These are probably the same guys ripping their hair out when Apple is slow to implement some feature. I've heard the opposite excuse from developers as well: "We'd have that functionality if only Apple would support it." Can't win for losing...

I personally upgrade everything almost as soon as new versions are out. If you're careful about backups and keep previous versions of your software around, you can avoid disaster and have the latest and greatest functionality. I've seen just as many people get burned by using older versions of an OS or app that suddenly becomes unsupported as I have people who jump into a new version only to discover that some things don't work. We're in the graphics business: resistance to change is futile.

Guest newezra

Finally, there's a great video demonstration sneak peak of After Effects 7 from the Macromedia MAX conference. Looks like they changed up the GUI quite a bit and added in quite a few features. One of them looks like it was added to go in head to head with Apple Motion.

Select "Day Two" then choose the 4th icon for "After Effects Demo"

http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/event.../max2005/video/

Digg this story - http://digg.com/software/After_Effects_7_Video_Preview

Edited by newezra

Guest Sao_Bento
Finally, there's a great video demonstration sneak peak of After Effects 7 from the Macromedia MAX conference.  Looks like they changed up the GUI quite a bit and added in quite a few features.  One of them looks like it was added to go in head to head with Apple Motion.

Select "Day Two" then choose the 4th icon for "After Effects Demo"

Digg this story - http://digg.com/software/After_Effects_7_Video_Preview

48068[/snapback]

thanks for posting that.

Guest mofresh

Thanks newezra, nice movie. Pretty cool to see that palatte resizing in action, and all those type and particle presets, crazy :o

Guest Haley

"You can see what AE 7 has in store.

Hey - - I'm not leaking this; Steve is. ;)

I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg, and undoubtably there will be more very fun and (f-curve) important new changes.

check out what our AE leader, Steve K had to say at Macromedia's website:

Check out the link for Day Two

Then click on Steve's icon (it takes you to a portion of the presentation).

ANNNNNNDDDDDD....

hints of new FLV implementation.

To all of the mac-doomsday people: check out the OS that is running during the presentation :)"

Thank Ko Maruyama for this :)

Guest Sao_Bento
"You can see what AE 7 has in store.

Hey - - I'm not leaking this; Steve is. ;)

I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg, and undoubtably there will be more very fun and (f-curve) important new changes.

check out what our AE leader, Steve K had to say at Macromedia's website:

Check out the link for Day Two

Then click on Steve's icon (it takes you to a portion of the presentation).

ANNNNNNDDDDDD....

hints of new FLV implementation.

To all of the mac-doomsday people: check out the OS that is running during the presentation :)"

Thank Ko Maruyama for this :)

49578[/snapback]

This has already been posted ad-nauseum and really contains very little info aside from a quick look at the new curves feature. If anything, FLV is just something that will steal development time from features that really are important to AE users. I hope they really hit a homer with AE 7, because I expect it's core tools development to come to a standstill - like Photoshop and Illustrator did when the main priority became implementing web stuff.

Guest Mike James
Any news from NAB post plus yet? It started today didnt it.

50665[/snapback]

I'm a little disappointed... no news from Adobe thusfar. I guess they'll announce at DVExpo in early Dec.

Guest snov

so, Adobe will announce this new Adobe Creative Suite Production Studio video bundle on January 17, 2006. The Adobe Video Bundle will include Adobe Premiere Pro 2, After Effects 7, Audition 2 (Cool Edit Pro), Encore DVD 2 and a new Adobe Dynamic Link workflow software.

Guest Sao_Bento
so, Adobe will announce this new Adobe Creative Suite Production Studio video bundle on January 17, 2006. The Adobe Video Bundle will include Adobe Premiere Pro 2, After Effects 7, Audition 2 (Cool Edit Pro), Encore DVD 2 and a new Adobe Dynamic Link workflow software.

57605[/snapback]

So the reality is that AE7's been done for 6 months, but was put on the shelf until all the rest of the “suite”s apps were ready to be dumped on the public.

Guest vivode

if thats true we need to start a fund raiser and fly everyone to adobe for some serrious ass kicking.

Guest nextseason

After Effects 7 = yes please

Premiere Pro 2 = eh ok

Audition 2 = lame

Encore DVD 2 = seriously lame

Adobe Dynamic Link = I don't even give a shit what this is I know I won't use it just please f*cking release AE 7!

Guest Tread
So the reality is that AE7's been done for 6 months, but was put on the shelf until all the rest of the “suite”s apps were ready to be dumped on the public.

57624[/snapback]

fags... they need to lick some nuts. Apple needs to step motion up, or discreet, or somebody. Get Adobe off of their asses

Guest vuzz

Ya lacluster is the word, new interface is overdue but seems like it's made for crosseyed babies. I look at all the things I want AE to be and I see all of them in Combustion but I hate that program and wouldn't trust it for any paying job. And on top of that what good does all the other apps and feature intergration do for me on a Mac, nothing!

AE 6.5 I love ya, v7 see ya at 7.5.

\v

Guest scott frizzle
After effects 7

57918[/snapback]

I found this little nugget interesting:

NOTE:  This is not a competition between platforms, rather between versions of the software.

Windows ( Windows XP SP2, 2.8GHz P4, 1GB RAM)

After Effects 6.5    43 Min, 3 Sec

After Effects 7.0    42 Min, 34 Sec

Mac (Tiger 10.4.4, Dual 2GHZ PowerPC G5 , 2GB DDR SDRAM)

After Effects 6.5    31 Min, 55 Sec

After Effects 7.0    25 Min, 15 Sec

This is only a single test on a single project file, but hopefully the recompile of AE as a mach-0 app on the mac has sped things up.

Edited by scott frizzle

Guest Sao_Bento
I found this little nugget interesting:

NOTE:  This is not a competition between platforms, rather between versions of the software.

Windows ( Windows XP SP2, 2.8GHz P4, 1GB RAM)

After Effects 6.5    43 Min, 3 Sec

After Effects 7.0    42 Min, 34 Sec

Mac (Tiger 10.4.4, Dual 2GHZ PowerPC G5 , 2GB DDR SDRAM)

After Effects 6.5    31 Min, 55 Sec

After Effects 7.0    25 Min, 15 Sec

This is only a single test on a single project file, but hopefully the recompile of AE as a mach-0 app on the mac has sped things up.

57942[/snapback]

I hear you man, but after that post, this thread can only go very very wrong.

Guest Sao_Bento

For those who can't wait, Stu Maschwitz has a video on his blog of him making a swarm of flies for a shot in AE7. The interesting part is seeing features that haven't been mentioned thus far. For instance, the comp menu pulldown lists things like “Apply Depth to all Layers”, “Remove Depth from All Layers”, “Precompose Depth”, “Apply Falloff Lighting to all layers”, “Apply Fog to All Layers”, “Apply Rack Focus to All Layers”, etc.

You can also see him do things like highlight a value in an expression and pick whip directly from the value to an expression slider.

good stuff.

http://prolost.blogspot.com/

Guest sneakergimp

we got our upgrade today ... docking feels good, plus no more 'render queue' hiding behind multiple windows/programs!

ain't tried any rendering yet though ... also the software has to be authenticated with 30days.