Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

AFTER EFFECTS 7 sneak peak

Guest BillD222
You forgot Keylight.

25216[/snapback]

I used Keylight the other day for the first time, I thought it was really quite awesome.

Guest Feniks

Some stuff i'd want in a next release would be

- get that damn bug out when using sounds (Directshow error), it's been there since I dunno how long, the beginning ?

- 32-bit floating point mode, including support for hdri's

- Different interpolation types and AA-modes.

- Splines for animation.

Edited by Feniks

Guest Krakken

How about better rotoscoping in the next version of AE?

"Adobe Licenses Rotoscoping Technology from Curious Software

Technology Will Enhance Digital Workflow for Adobe Video Collection

SAN JOSE, Calif. — April 17, 2005 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that an agreement to license, develop and distribute the rotoscoping technologies of Curious Software. Adobe intends to use the licensed technology to expand the professional capabilities of its product line by integrating it into future Adobe software.

"As a leader in the professional photography and video markets with products like Adobe® Photoshop®, After Effects® and Adobe Premiere® Pro, we're committed to deliver the best tools in the industry," said Bryan Lamkin, senior vice president of Digital Imaging at Adobe. "Adobe is investing in this rotoscoping technology because it complements our existing product strengths and will help simplify video workflows."

With technology from Curious Software's gFx Pro, Adobe will have access to a powerful paint engine for moving images, a sophisticated roto-matte system and a range of features for wire and rig removal or content restoration."

Guest sianto

Well... it's about time they come up with this new version, don't u guys think? I'm sick of AE 6.5 and it's bugs already. And this is the 4th quarter, right?

Anyone has any news on this?

I just hope Autodesk does not decide to buy Adobe too...

Guest Marconius
i really hope, really hope, adobe is going to overwork the afx animation editor finally... i can't believe we're at 6.5 and still no decent fcurves-like or combustion-like animation editor... before adding some unnecessary stuff like a new starshaped paint brush i hope they're going to fix that (editor) first...

19310[/snapback]

Oh ye gods, they've fixed it! AE 7 actually has it's own graph editing pane now. You click a button in the timeline panel, the timeline goes away and turns into a graph editor. Then, any layer, filter, or parameter you click on (or all at the same time) loads into the graph, and it's extremely easy to manipulate. If anyone has used Maya, it is Very much like their graph editor with just a few visual tweaks.

Guest Marconius
Where have you seen this my friend.  And Any more info??

46447[/snapback]

Ah, the perks of working for a software developer... ;)

Guest willryan

Saw this over at thinksecret.com.

Hopefully the new UI makes the node-view more friendly and worthwhile, and I'm definitely liking the graph editor if it works as smoothly as Max or Maya's.

Having just bought the video collection, I wonder how they'll bundle this all together for new adopters. Is there a new Premiere Pro on the horizon as well?

Guest chriskelley

Marconius - give me screenshots or give me death. Share your perks with the rest of the community, you already violated NDA, might as well give that cat a kick in the ass on his way out of the bag.

Saw this over at thinksecret.com.

46899[/snapback]

Uhhh..... perhaps you didn't see the post that started this entire thread? I got all excited thinking it was a new update.

Edited by chriskelley

Guest Awesome Swelles

I was going to post a link, but the Cow tend to pull any topics discussing AE7, so it may disappear in the next few hours.

Guest Marconius

aack! I couldn't hold back the urge...damn NDAs...though technically I never signed one...

I kinda forgot how tight Adobe has been keeping it. :(

Guest Sao_Bento
aack! I couldn't hold back the urge...damn NDAs...though technically I never signed one...

I kinda forgot how tight Adobe has been keeping it.  :(

47036[/snapback]

Seriously, this has to be one of the most locked down betas I've ever seen. I might speculate that the new security scheme is playing a major part in making sure people don't distribute the beta.

Guest BillD222

GRRRRRRR :angry:

Ya Know...dudes...Every time I see this thread bumped, I get all excited like "Wow! Maybe there will be some actual news or a link or something! :D Yay!! "

And then I run full speed to the end of the thread, and Lucy swipes the football away from me and AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!

THWACK

...I land flat on my back looking up at the sky with no new After Effects7 news.

And this post probably just did that to some of you, so sorry mates.

I WILL NOT CHECKING THIS THREAD AGAIN

Edited by BillD222

Guest maxpower

AE 7 sounds nice, but will it support multi-threading and more than 2 GB of RAM? Now that the new PowerMacs are out, and from everything I have seen the Intel based Macs are going to support 8 logical procs, it is time that AE support these things. Unless they move to Cell of course.

Guest Sao_Bento
AE 7 sounds nice, but will it support multi-threading and more than 2 GB of RAM?  Now that the new PowerMacs are out, and from everything I have seen the Intel based Macs are going to support 8 logical procs, it is time that AE support these things.  Unless they move to Cell of course.

47381[/snapback]

If the 64 bit rumors are true, that will make it able to use up to 8GB ram. (something tells me the only 64 bit version will be windows, since you can't have a GUI with visual feedback in a 64 bit app on Mac OS.

Guest Beaver
If the 64 bit rumors are true, that will make it able to use up to 8GB ram. (something tells me the only 64 bit version will be windows, since you can't have a GUI with visual feedback in a 64 bit app on Mac OS.

47411[/snapback]

Mac O's? I much prefer Organic Honey Nut Morning O's.

cer_honeynut-box.jpg

Guest scott frizzle
Mac O's?  I much prefer Organic Honey Nut Morning O's.

cer_honeynut-box.jpg

47719[/snapback]

I much prefer the unsung hero of operating systems, the BacOS.

Betty_Crocker_Bacos_116g.jpg