Sign in to follow this  
spennyhatch

C4D Rigid Body Tag on Multiple Objects???

Hey, I have a little animation in C4D where i have a rock dropping and hitting a piece of glass that breaks. The Glass sheet and an explosion FX are inside a cloner object, and that has a rigid body tag. The "rock" is also inside a cloner and also has a rigid body tag. So all is good, the rock falls and breaks the glass (timed it with the explosion fx). But what if i wanted another object behind/under the glass, that the glass pieces would bounce off and so they dont just fall out of the scene? Ive tried a combo of Many different options, but not working out for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by spennyhatch

put a plane down with a rigid tag, because it's not in a MoGraph object, it will just act as a collider

Thanks for the info. I tried that and strangely the glass pieces are still falling through the plane. If i put the plane in the same null that includes the glass sheet and the Explosion FX, then that plane Breaks also i think because of the explosion FX is also affecting it.

Maybe this will help??? Thanks

Example.jpg

spenny, use a box instead of a plane......it fixes that problem!

Right on man, thanks for the help guys. Im actually still having some issues, but i found a workaround. So ill play with it more. The problem with what you suggested, is that when i put a tag on the cube, it immediately Drops out of of the scene. So, this give me some info and i appreciate it, but i have a lot of playing around and learning to do. Thanks!!

There are two things you can do to fix the penetration problem (ha... penetration... sorry). One is to duplicate the plane and drop it down a touch in Y. This makes there be a double thick hull for the simulation. The second thing is to hit cmd+D to open the project settings. In the Modynamics advanced tab and the expert tab, increase the substeps in increments of 10. This will change how often C4D calculates the dynamics between frames. Hope this helps