Sign in to follow this  
neelz

.c4d file format error (even horror)

hey guys,

its quite a catastrophe... I worked nearly a whole day on a little project and saved it regularly. Even a minute before my machine crashed... so usually this would be no problem but when I try to open it, cinema gives me a " invalid file format" message! is there any chance to get the file rescued!? the project was built with r 12...

I attached the file, maybe someone has a solution!?

http://deincourt.de/ball test.c4d

thx

neelz

as far as i know, no solution. I got a couple lying on my hard drive in hopes that one day they can be recovered...

general rule of thumb: bind "save incremental" to ctrl+alt+S and hit that every couple of mins.

also have auto save enabled, but have it set to some temp folder that you can clean regularly, otherwise the size spins out of control.

ok... cant believe that there is no chance... one day lost! quite strange that maxon doesnt come with a handy plugin or something that at least get the meshes out of the file :D. does anybody know a place where else to ask?