Sign in to follow this  
beyla

c4d particle render problems.

hello, I'm experimenting with using the shader effector in mograph in combination with an emitter to drive some random animation. All is looking good in the viewport but when I go to render nothing is animating? I've tried adding a bake tag to the particles as well with no luck. I'm using a mac and c4d version 12.

I'm attaching the project for anyone to check out. Would appreciate any tips here!

My link

2 things...

1) There's nothing in your emitter... thus nothing to render.

2) Removing that Bake Tag turned your 148MB into a 2.1MB file... and using a Bake Particle tag on a standard Emitter has no effect on your scene (other than making it 146 MB bigger).

-m

Ha, sorry about the file being so large. I tried baking the particles thinking it might render. The real issue is I don't want to emit anything but rather just use the particles to drive the animation. It is working just fine as a playback in the viewer. But when I render it there is no animation. Should I add some particles to render and then tag them so they are not seen by the camera? It just seams weird to me that it works in the viewer but not when rendering. Sounds like you might have a solution, Monkey. Any help as always appreciated. thanks!

2 things...

1) There's nothing in your emitter... thus nothing to render.

2) Removing that Bake Tag turned your 148MB into a 2.1MB file... and using a Bake Particle tag on a standard Emitter has no effect on your scene (other than making it 146 MB bigger).

-m

Okay so I figured out the problem I had my render particle count too low... it was like 20 and the preview count was 4000. That fixed it. Thanks for the tips Monkey about the baking tag I didn't realize it made the file so big. Think I'm good for now. thanks again.