Sign in to follow this  
Kakity

Downgrade CS5 to CS3 and keep CS5 on my system

I recently started freelancing, and purchased CS5 Production Premium. I have now had a couple of requests to work in CS3.

Does anyone have experience of using your CS5 registration on CS3? Is it possible? Permissable?

Can I keep CS5 on my machine or does it need to be deactivated and uninstalled? I hope not.

Thanks

You can definitely have different version installed on the same system. We've got CS3, 4, and 5 on all our machines. I think you'll need a proper registration number for each. But not sure about that.

You need a separate license (i.e., serial number) for each.

Never, never, never install CS3 after CS5. It's fine to install CS3 and then CS5. If you must have both on the same computer, uninstall everything, install CS3, and then install CS5. To put it politely, the CS3 installer will stomp all over your CS5 files; but the CS5 installer respects the CS3 files.

You need a separate license (i.e., serial number) for each.

Never, never, never install CS3 after CS5. It's fine to install CS3 and then CS5. If you must have both on the same computer, uninstall everything, install CS3, and then install CS5. To put it politely, the CS3 installer will stomp all over your CS5 files; but the CS5 installer respects the CS3 files.

Thank you Todd, I'll bear that in mind.

Well Adobe won't let me have a serial number for CS3, because they no longer sell CS3.

Fortunately my client is going to upgrade to CS5 so we can all work together. Problem solved for now... I know it's going to crop up again though.