Sign in to follow this  
Cristian Cunha

Cristian Cunha - Comp + Vfx + Motion - Reel 2010

Hello,

I am a Brazilian CG artist passionate about what I do and I seek to improve every day.

This demo reel contains films produced at Oca Filmes, where I work today.

I would like to see his critiques, which will be very welcome

Best regards,

Cristian Cunha

P.S: sorry about my english or grammar mistakes.

www.cristiancunha.com.br

Edited by Cristian Cunha

A lot of the work in the reel is fantastic. I love the giraffe cut up - nice stuff there. I'm not such a fan of the 3D host in virtual space (with the blue jacket). Overall, the big problem with the reel is that it moves way too slowly. A lot of clips stay on too long, and some of the shots seem repetitive. I'd try to cut it down to 1:00 - 1:20 if you can. Your open might benefit from some better design too. And you probably don't need to have the words "design, etc" describing what you do. We know what you do! :)

A lot of the work in the reel is fantastic. I love the giraffe cut up - nice stuff there. I'm not such a fan of the 3D host in virtual space (with the blue jacket). Overall, the big problem with the reel is that it moves way too slowly. A lot of clips stay on too long, and some of the shots seem repetitive. I'd try to cut it down to 1:00 - 1:20 if you can. Your open might benefit from some better design too. And you probably don't need to have the words "design, etc" describing what you do. We know what you do! :)

Olá! legal de ver mais uma brasileira aqui! hehehe. Cristina, eu não posso me considerar ainda um designer, pois ainda sou novo nessa área, mas por tudo q já vi, concordo com o daveglanz de q sua reel esta muito longa, pela qualidade dos seus trabalhos, tenho certeza de q 1min é mais do q suficiente pra mostrar do q vc é capaz.

I agree with daveglanz that her reel is too long, she has some nice work and 1:00 is more than enough to show her great work! always good to see another brazilian here!

Love the reel. It has a really great feel to it.

I don't know how to explain it, but its that feeling you get from ads that are not from america, or australia either. It's like Russian ads, and scandinavian ads.

The industry here really needs more of that style. Although maybe people here don't respond as well to it.

Regardless, great work, very inspirational!

Olá! legal de ver mais uma brasileira aqui! hehehe. Cristina, eu não posso me considerar ainda um designer, pois ainda sou novo nessa área, mas por tudo q já vi, concordo com o daveglanz de q sua reel esta muito longa, pela qualidade dos seus trabalhos, tenho certeza de q 1min é mais do q suficiente pra mostrar do q vc é capaz.

I agree with daveglanz that her reel is too long, she has some nice work and 1:00 is more than enough to show her great work! always good to see another brazilian here!

Olá Gui,

Cara, eu sou um brasileiro e não brasileira...hahahhah

Mas obrigado pelo comentário...

Abraços

Everyone, thanks for the comment.

I am redoing my reel and these tips are essential.

Even more come from experienced professionals like you.

This forum encourages me to be a better artist with each new comment.

You are the best.

Thanks.

Cristian Cunha

Edited by Cristian Cunha