Sign in to follow this  
Benmasterson

Web Video Conferencing?

I have a video that needs approval from multiple clients and I have an issue. Normally, a couple of the "higher ups" would fly here, view the video, if there are changes made, they are done while they are here. Problem is, they can't fly out here until after February, which is past the contract due date and I really don't want to extend the contract.

I can put the video up online for them to look at it but this poses a couple problems. I want to be able to control the video, so I can take them through a step by step process with everyone focused on the part we are at. If I let them view it with their own control, no one will be in the same place at the same time, and could be potentially dangerous for communication. Also I want to limit "sharing" of the video with other colleagues of my clients who will give 1000 different opinions.

I have discovered a way to show my desktop through a web browser for the client, but this means I must stream the video from my end and I am not set up for that kind of speed. This has to be fairly good size and quality.

Is there any kind of web-based conferencing software that will host my video, allow me to control it, and allow my clients to log in to watch it?

Thanks,

-Ben

I think youtube allows you to do that now.

and im pretty sure you can make videos private on it, restricted to certain users.

its called "watch together" or something.

Hi,

I'm the product manager for cineSync - your problem is pretty much exactly the problem that cineSync was developed to solve. Fuze Movie works pretty well also, but isn't available on Windows. You can get a free, fully functional account for 7 days at <www.cinesync.com/try> and see if it works for you - then if it saves even one plane trip, a full account would pay for itself! If you have any questions, you can email me at rory.mcgregor@cinesync.com