Sign in to follow this  
agitator

Compositing particles in a moving shot ?

Hi,

I have this shot in Cinema 4D with a crazy camera move, like in a camera coming out of a tunnel. Now I want to composite some particles using Trapcode Particular. How would I track the camera data or matchmove ? Seems like a there must a east hidden solution for this !

Thanks

RB

Hi,

I have this shot in Cinema 4D with a crazy camera move, like in a camera coming out of a tunnel. Now I want to composite some particles using Trapcode Particular. How would I track the camera data or matchmove ? Seems like a there must a east hidden solution for this !

Thanks

RB

Under the render settings in the save tab there is an option to save a compositing project file. Just click all the boxes and change the program to AE. it will save an AE project with camera moves and all.

Make sure you install the Cinema 4D exchange plugin so the AE saved file will work.

Hope this helps!

I'd like to think the Mograph forums can provide this information in a much easier way than going anywhere near Creative Cow ;)

I've never understood the creative cow bashing on mograph.net. Whats up with that?

I would love to think that in this modern world a large media community such as CC would build a platform that was a useable as it was knowledgable..

Anyway i was just stating that i thought this forum was very capable of answering questions like the one stated in this original post rather than sending people to CC, which was proved by Chad..

This question isn't that basic. It's about using 2 sets of software and a plugin. Yeah most people here know how to do it, but i reckon its a legit question for here.

Just to throw out another solution, it sounds like CameraTracker for AE and Particular are the golden solution here. I just did a 50 minute tutorial on comping together a VFX shot with CameraTracker, Particular, Mocha, Form, Particular, and all the usual crap I put in a tutorial.... like lots of "UMMMs" and expressions.

Edit: helps if I post the link...

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/videos/redgianttv/item/58/

Just to throw out another solution, it sounds like CameraTracker for AE and Particular are the golden solution here. I just did a 50 minute tutorial on comping together a VFX shot with CameraTracker, Particular, Mocha, Form, Particular, and all the usual crap I put in a tutorial.... like lots of "UMMMs" and expressions.

Edit: helps if I post the link...

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/videos/redgianttv/item/58/

It sounds like its a totally 3D shot in the original post - no point in tracking and solving a camera that already exists that you can bring in in a comp file.. Nice tutorial for actually getting the particle stuff in there

do you guys need a link?

http://forums.creativecow.net/

that is their forum index, and then if you click on each one you'll see a very easy to read list of thread, and then if you click that you'll see an easy to read thread of comments.

and the constant ads "sponsored messages" don't help =P

I can never understand how sites geared towards visual arts (yes, CC is mainly software orientated - but for programs to create visual work) can have such god awful design.

The Cow is a disgrace but by dint of the fact that they're offering $5k top prize money for their idents competition, maybe they're trying to clean up their "Early-90's-Information-Superhighway-used-to-be-a-BBS-forum" design aesthetic

Postdotcommer, on 15 December 2010 - 07:52 PM, said:

I've never understood the creative cow bashing on mograph.net. Whats up with that?

Yeah i don't get that either. Is there some sort of feud going on?:unsure:

A lot of the issues were from Mograph members who were pissed at various CC's practices, ex one member directed someone on CC to check out a specific post on Mograph to answer a user question. CC deleted said member and all 5 plus years their post on CC and he was a Mod on the site. The details are a little fuzzy but you get the point, I remember this happening to several people.

There were a lot more issues of how CC treated users and kind of...um...Sleazy(for lack of a better term) practices, and word spread quickly. I for one, could not stand to look at the god awful site and always avoided it like the plague.

Another thing was content, at one point a lot of Mograph's post were more focused on design discussion instead of...how do i make vines grow? It was kind of a point of mod's here to make Mograph a place of discussion and not a how to site.

Side note: to reinforce the not wanting Mograph to be a how to site. Just look at the last ten topics in Mograph central. Most have less then 10 responses as compared to Mograph of old; each post would have several pages of discussion and they would be about the latest spots/artist/music/trends...You get the point.

Cheers