Sign in to follow this  
ChrisC

Coloured balls! Everywhere!

It's happened! We have a new mograph cliché for 2011! I'm seeing brightly coloured, GI-lit, mo-dynamic balls every-fucking-where. Come back paint drips, all is forgiven...

Damn (cancels render...)

No I'm with you.

I was joking to my wife while watching TV how every cable ident is using c4d R12 dynamics. She had know idea what I was talking about.

Damn (cancels render...)

No I'm with you.

I was joking to my wife while watching TV how every cable ident is using c4d R12 dynamics. She had know idea what I was talking about.

Give it some time. I've found that mograph wives eventually start picking up on what mumbling mograph husbands are talking about and chiming in themselves.

At this point, mine can even read my mind and rewind commercials that she thinks I'll be into.

I'm going to pass on the bouncing mograph ball trend simply because none of my sofware makes it easy enough. :(

Hm... I should make some bouncing balls, so as not to fall behind the trends.

I guess my R12 dynamic monster truck rig just won't cut it... =P

I'm not pointing any fingers, but greyscale gorilla is partially responsible for this :) or he gets partial credit as an originator of this trend if you're an optimist...

Just because someone likes playing with his balls, doesn't mean, everyone should follow. imho.

For 2011... i'm gonna saaaaay, unfolding boxes and origami foldouts. I saw some of it in 2010, but now im starting to see tutorials and the likes about that stuff. That or stuff attached to strings/cables dangling or forming a grid around poligonal objects....

Is this what you're talking about?

Cheers

Lennart

Yup still my favorite tutorial to date for C4D. Sometimes I just link this when someone asks for a tutorial on something simple or stupid.

If I see one more f*cking half-assed architectural camera projection project... I'm gonna stab my eyes out with my Wacom pen.

-m

by the way, mike, are you still doing any tutes? you and clapham are on another level of useful empowering information and workflow tricks

agree with the analogy someone made a while ago on a thread like this about synths in the 80's (or auto tune more recently) and how the wow factor in the tech meant a lot of mindless stuff would go out just riding on the look of the technology versus more involved composition or concept. in the case of c4d, i barely see anyone do any character stuff even though the tools are getting there.