New Before and After Reel and additional works

Hi,

I just posted a new Before and After Reel as well as a bunch of new work

Check it out on my portfolio site

www.nostalgia-nyc.com

or on Vimeo

critiques welcome

Thanks

Nice color grading, good stuff. The snowboarding rail stuff was nice. Seemed long though, you could probably cut it by a third. Only keep the stuff you absolutely love. and... was that chick peeing in the giant martini glass?? haha :blink:

There are some well-worked shots in there. That pink drink shot really is lovely, to your credit. I think you need to make sure that the reel maintains as much integrity as possible though. That's partly to say that there are a small number of shots that you weren't very involved in, but are beautiful despite your lack of involvement, and you probably shouldn't take credit for them. I mean, the scuba shot is sort of the prime example. If you're just removing a logo that no one noticed in the first place, what's the point in showing it? Well, the point is that it's gorgeous, but that's not really your doing. The other part of the integrity issue is more subtle, and it's that you really don't need to show everything you've done. I don't think the reel needs to have a full :30s devoted to all of those various snowboarding shots where you've inserted graphical elements. All you really need to accomplish here is to give us the confidence that you can do something like that. You don't need to prove it over and over and over. We'll get bored, first of all, and it'll seem like you're desperate to make a point. If you feel you need to show three different examples of inserting 3d text into snowboarding environments, so be it, but at least cut through it quickly because... well... we get it already. Look at it from the perspective of your audience and hopefully you'll see that it starts to come off like you're a lowly salesman whose pitch keeps making the same points and is destined to go on forever. You don't really want to appeal like that, so keep it as brief and efficient as possible while still having all of the impact you need it to.